Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Have to agree with the last few comments...he looked to have quick feet and an equally quick mind. That is good at the best of times but especially so given the pace of our League which you'd expect to catch him out ( much more than it has ).

• 2 weeks later...

He's really struggling and his first half performance was one of the worst I've seen, he also should of scored with that bad back pass Everton made, he had time to take it round Howard but panicked and made a balls of it.

Not ready for premier league football

He's the kind of player you sign when your a comfortable mid table side and can afford to have players like him in a squad to adjust to the prem and develop slowly over a period of time

• Like 1

Blimey that incident in the first half when he seemed totally unaware a crossfield pass was coming towards him, it just hit him and went straight to an Everton player to run towards goal.

I don't think he's someone to play away from home where you need to dig in and grind out stuff. At home yes.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Not ready for premier league football

He's the kind of player you sign when your a comfortable mid table side and can afford to have players like him in a squad to adjust to the prem and develop slowly over a period of time

You've arguably just described 90% of our signings over the last 4 years. 

• Like 2

I knew nothing about this player when he signed. But one comment on here stuck out, something along the lines of 'This lad is going to fetch a club record fee when he is sold.'

I won't embarrass that particular poster by naming him but as of now Veretout is really struggling. 

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

You've arguably just described 90% of our signings over the last 4 years. 

Well 4 years ago we were a mid table side (even though the Houllier season was poor we still finished 9th) and yes the quality of player we've signed constantly since then has not been up to standard or fitted in here so we've gradually been getting worse every year and down we shall go down as we are worse now than finishing 17th last season.

MOM for us.

Ran hard second half when no one else looked arsed.

Took responsibility on the ball and will rightfully stay in the team for being one of the few willing to pass the ball and attempt to play.

Â