Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Gave the ball away a lot - and looks ponderous and slow. Sure they were some nice touches towards the end of the match, a long way to go for this lad IMO. I would like to see him bossing the midfield, with real influence - and he is some way off that at the moment.

Considering this was his first 90 minutes for us after being frozen out by the last manager against the current best team in the league, I think he did very well. Hope more to come. Did one lovely turn, I think he will get better

Gave the ball away a lot - and looks ponderous and slow. Sure they were some nice touches towards the end of the match, a long way to go for this lad IMO. I would like to see him bossing the midfield, with real influence - and he is some way off that at the moment.

Yes first game since Stoke, playing against one of the toughest midfields in the league and you expect him to be bossing it, give him 5 or 6 games on the bounce.

Yes first game since Stoke, playing against one of the toughest midfields in the league and you expect him to be bossing it, give him 5 or 6 games on the bounce.

Im just going on what I saw on Sunday. Not what I hope I might see in six games time. 

After one game it's obvious he'll offer much more than Westwood. He can actually manipulate the ball in tight areas and drive forwards. Very impressed with the glimpses he showed. That midfield 3 has a lot of potential, time for it be realised now!

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Nice to see him back in the first team, doesn't take long to see he's got ability. The awareness is there, he just needs to quicken it up sometimes.

Definitely want to see him getting fitter though, he's been gassed in every game for us after about 60 mins.

Edited by Tomaszk

I think he'll give the ball away more as he'll take the more riskier forward passes. I'd play that midfield 3 for a few games now but actually just changing Vetetouts position. Sometimes as a midfielder then as a no10 against the Watfords and lesser teams. We need a consistent selection so people know their jobs. 

• Like 1

Plenty of promise and still a long way to go which seems like a reasonable place to expect him to be at this stage of his career and taking a big step up in pace of play etc.

One thing I would say is I am looking forward to seeing him fully fit. He's looked no where near fit enough to me in any game I've seen him play. Not sure why that is, the fabled importance of "pre season" the fact he hasnt played enough I dont know.

Good first point. He's actually younger than Gary Gardner. I think this guy has bags of potential and for me, I'd be giving him as much game time as possible to build that confidence and match fitness. Could be key to improving what's easily been one of the worst premier league midfield's over the last few years.

• Like 2

He's 22, was an absolute star at his last club and league (up there with Amavi) and outshone Paul Pogba for the France U20's world champions. He's just moved to a new country, with a wife and a baby so struggled to settle straight away. Has barely played, barely had time to get used to the league and any kind of system whatsoever as there didn't appear to be one.

Yet he held his own Saturday. He looked comfortable and confident and not in a "once in a season" kind of way. Very encouraging. I expect much more from him.

Exact.

Â