Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

This guy will come good I'm sure of it.

I agree, it's clear he's still trying to find his feet, if you'll pardon the pun.

Going by that article, he's a young lad, with a new born child that's never lived too far from home, until recently living in a hotel with his wife and new born child, whilst struggling with a couple of niggling injuries on the pitch.

It's understandable that he's going to take a bit of time to settle and hopefully our new boss will help speed things up for him.

Our 'chief scout' Wes was chuffed to **** when we were in for him, so that's good enough for me.

• Like 3

My post was in response to DrP's "he hasn't shown anything". I'm not going into who he's better than, but he has made one or two really astonishing passes.

I don't remember those, pretty much all of his passes have been safe ones.

Pretty much all of anyone's passes are safe ones. If I didn't have bad short term memory I'd tell you the games and the minutes, but he can do it, trust me.

My post was in response to DrP's "he hasn't shown anything". I'm not going into who he's better than, but he has made one or two really astonishing passes.

During the Blues game and Stoke game, he does like to make the forward passes and very quickly, a very good footballer.

• Like 1

During the Blues game and Stoke game, he does like to make the forward passes and very quickly, a very good footballer.

Your not the only ones, he does make some great passes, unfortuantely we have some either really thick or slow forwards. only ayew looks like he has abit of both out of our existing forwards. 

• Like 2

have an emotional response around a game all you want, but never forget it took Bergkamp, Petrov and many others 6-12 months to settle before writing people off in the long run. Sanchez is the one I'm expecting some improvement from this year, If Veretout needs to get himself sorted in his fitness, house, family, language and all that so be it, he's only human. No pressure lad, just go out there and show everyone what you can do. I haven't seen a lack of effort when he's played. If he's just not as good as some of us thought/expected/wanted/dreamed it aint his fault is it? weird one for me as if he played exactly the same as his last appearance in his next one, but scored a goal, people would be praising him. bit like cleverley last year.

Â