Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

2 hours ago, West said:

I knew nothing about this player when he signed. But one comment on here stuck out, something along the lines of 'This lad is going to fetch a club record fee when he is sold.'

I won't embarrass that particular poster by naming him but as of now Veretout is really struggling. 

What's the lowest fee we've ever got? That poster could still be right.

• Like 3

A lot of people have been unfair to Westwood in this thread and else where. I just don't see how anyone can big up Veretout and simultaneously put Westwood down. They appear to be quite similar, only subtle differences exist between the two of them, and so far Veretout has (a) not shown he can do anything better than Westwood and (b) has not really played better than Westwood in any of his appearances for us. 

This guy has a very long way to go. His conditioning looks dramatically short of what's required for this league, he's slow and very weak on the ball. He also gives the ball away far too often.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Another quote I remember was he could be the best central midfielder we've had in last 30 years......

Not sure who said that....

I've read worse in the westwood thread.

At least Veretout hasNt got too many players to be better than to achieve that.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Really like him and I think he'll get better and better.

Well he can't get any bloody worse? What is it you really like about him.

I notice that in the news he's said he's been happy with his performances. Well if your happy jordan then good for you, but can you please resign instantly as I don't want players who are happy to be absolutely shite.

Westwood has had plenty of time to develop in this league, Veretout has not.  To me, Veretout shows effort and intelligence, what he lacks is quickness of thought and feet.  Some develop it when challenged at the higher speed of play.  Some don't.  Time will tell but if I were a betting man I'd put money on Veretout.

• Like 1

think people are being harsh on him. He was beyond terrible in that first half. Second half he was played further forward and started pressing alot better. As did the whole side.

Unfortunately yet again.. i think our managers tactics have let us down this season. It was very Sherwoodesque.

We dont have the players to sit back... against anyone. Just play football. Its not hard. We have players who are good on the ball.. why sit back and just have Clark and Richards hoof it forward and not have an outlet like Gestede.

First half was a shambles.. and i think the blame must fall on the manager.

Veretout will be a great player for us. I am still sure of it. He has the attributes. Just needs time.. something Westwood has had enough of. Keep with it Remi. Play the same side as Man City against Watford barring Amavi.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Well he can't get any bloody worse? What is it you really like about him.

I notice that in the news he's said he's been happy with his performances. Well if your happy jordan then good for you, but can you please resign instantly as I don't want players who are happy to be absolutely shite.

Good touch, two good feet, got a trick on him to get out of tight spaces.

Good footballer, who will improve and have a very good top-flight career.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2015, 10:22:49, VillaChris said:

Another quote I remember was he could be the best central midfielder we've had in last 30 years......

Not sure who said that....

If there's one thing you can rely on it's that in the face of adversity Villa fans will turn on eachother.

16 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Give him more than a few months eh lads.

But we don't really have a few months to spare for these players to start performing, do we?

This is precisely the problem with our transfer policy, most of our signings are a work in progress, was the club really so naive to think we could get by whilst most of our signings got up to speed with things?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But we don't really have a few months to spare for these players to start performing, do we?

This is precisely the problem with our transfer policy, most of our signings are a work in progress, was the club really so naive to think we could get by whilst most of our signings got up to speed with things?

I don't disagree. That's not the players fault though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I honestly think the club thought "A good preseason and an easy start should see them up to speed pretty quickly" - and I'm fine with that.....

... except it was Sherwood who oversaw that.

Â