Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

yeah, I spat a bit of coffee out when I saw the word "Superb" used in the match thread. Things still broke down with him a fair bit but much, much better. Couple of nice corners whipped in with pace and curl too. After all these years of the Bannan/Westwood floaty crap he deserves a gold star just for that.

yeah, I spat a bit of coffee out when I saw the word "Superb" used in the match thread. Things still broke down with him a fair bit but much, much better. Couple of nice corners whipped in with pace and curl too. After all these years of the Bannan/Westwood floaty crap he deserves a gold star just for that.

You realise people use superlatives at times when they are particularly excited or enthused don't you? You spit your coffee out, personally I'd much rather see people get carried away than sniping at other fans for doing so.

I thought he had a decent game. Looked like a premier league footballer. I think he will improve.

• Like 2

You realise people use superlatives at times when they are particularly excited or enthused don't you? You spit your coffee out, personally I'd much rather see people get carried away than sniping at other fans for doing so.

I thought he had a decent game. Looked like a premier league footballer. I think he will improve.

Yep, I get that. I do it myself as you are well aware. Does this seriously annoy you though? and is it really sniping at other fans? I mean I could have chosen to find a quote and thrown some names around if that was truly my intention. I too thought he had a decent game, probably nearer good considering the situation, his own form and confidence and the opposition today. I too think he'll improve and it's something Ive suggested from the start of his time here so nothing changed there for me. Some of the hyperbole thrown around in here is ridiculous too, people writing him off after a couple of games and such. That sort of stuff tends to provoke the same reaction in me as people describing an ok performance as a superb one, in that its a bit over the top and extreme either way. I don't seem to be accused of sniping when I make that point though. As ever, I'm just sayin'.

Â