Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Was very poor last night, how Sinclair got hooked off instead of him left me baffled.

I'm not writing him off, but he needs to improve quickly or he's going to get lost in the shuffle with Gil, Grealish and Adama to come in. 

• Like 1

Giving player time to get adjusted to the new country, league and team? Not in our forum!!11

But seriously, give our new signings time to get adjusted, I imagine it's not easy to jump to the new league, team and not to talk about new country. He certainly looked IMO better than Gabby did who needs to be replaced asap.

• Like 4

He, along with Veretout and Gabby, have barely had a pre season and are all clearly off the pace. The only way to get that sharpness and improve is by playing. I'm sure the same will be true of Grealish and Gil when they come in (although as Grealish relies far less on physicality he will most likely get up to speed quicker - hopefully at least)

I like him.

Think he's a clever player and will do well in the right system. A promising thing for me is that he is also tactically aware defensively - made some good interceptions and tackles yesterday, and providing he will be lining up on the right side it is a good thing he is covering that side well. He hasn't hit the ground running, but he hasn't sat back and sulked when things haven't gone his way.

• Like 4

I think Veretout and Ayew are both in the same type of situation. Both players clearly have a large amount of raw talent and some of the skills necessary which can make them great players for Villa. It will take time but once they get acclimated to the pace of the league, gain fitness, and overall experience, they will most definitely improve. I also think that once we have more attack minded players coming into the lineup (Gil, Grealish, Traore) and maybe one more experienced striker, it will take alot of pressure off these guys. Patience is definitely nnecessary though, which luckily I believe many supporter are willing to give for now.  

• Like 1

Amavi has a clear role in the side which he's carrying out extremely effectively. Don't think Ayew does - not sure whether he's supposed to be leading the line or playing wide. Hopefully when Gil, Grealish, and Traore come in he'll know exactly what he's at.

Was very poor last night, how Sinclair got hooked off instead of him left me baffled.

I'm not writing him off, but he needs to improve quickly or he's going to get lost in the shuffle with Gil, Grealish and Adama to come in.

I think Sherwood was maybe trying to manage Ayew's temperament by not subbing him off two games in a row. I actually thought Ayew got better after Sinclair went off, and he did have a 'few' decent attacking moments and he made a couple of quality sliding tackles (just what you want from your strikers! :D)

Overall, he looks raw and as though he'll take a few weeks/ month to get into his rhythm.

I like him, but I wouldn't be upset if he's benched for a game or two before being given another couple of games.

Edited by Rob182

I don't think Sherwood particularly rates Sinclair, think he's only

Playing now due to injuries else where. Will soon find himself on the bench I think.

Edited by mightysasquatch

I don't think Sherwood particularly rates Sinclair, think he's only

Playing now due to injuries else where. Will soon find himself on the bench I think.

Sherwood doesn't rate SInclair yet signed him? What's the next story - he had no say in making the loan agreement permanent? 

I think there is some truth in that Sinclair's signing had to be completed if we stayed up, so Sherwood wouldn't have had any say in it. That's doesn't mean he doesn't rate him though, and I think Sinclair is a very good squad option and a bit underrated on here.

Ayew looks a very similar player to Gabby, just hopefully with some technical ability. They even both made the same run to the near post when Amavi got down the wing and crossed in the second half, if one or the other had gone far post, they may have scored.

Although he was poor last night, he impressed me with his tackling back and also won a few aerial duels. I thought he was marginally the best of our attackers, although that isn't saying much.

I'd go with that. There were some good moments, and some bad ones too. Can't remember any good moments that Gabby had, and Sinclair I can only think of one little bit of skill and a pass to Amavi near the halfway line. 

Just a shame he didn't take his opportunity when Mata passed it to him. Real goalscorers are ice cool in those scenarios. Benteke might have blown hot and cold at times but he'd never have lost his head and just blazed it over like Ayew did last night.

Â