Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

His brother looks quite decent....but he has had c 6 weeks prep time over Jordan.

I think he will be ok when he has had more time to adjust.

ps Andre was a free, how did Swansea manage that?

Edited by TRO

They were in the right place at the right time and we weren't. But that's okay. We were in the right place at the right time to sign Gana, Amavi and Traore. Swings and dodgems.

I hope this Ayew of ours comes good. If he does, very well done to the scouts, because they can see things that many of us can't yet.

• Like 1

His brother looks quite decent....but he has had c 6 weeks prep time over Jordan.

5 mil signing on fee and huge wages

• Like 1

5 mil signing on fee and huge wages

is it any different to the 9/10 million we played plus wages? Not entirely.

What his actual position anyway ?

From what ive seen in the clips he seem a central striker or maybe behind the striker.

His presence was better than Gabby in the first half against Utd comparing to Gabby against Bournmouth. But still I couldnt say hes a proper striker. Maybe being new and the fact its against Utd could affect as wevecouple of games were we havent seen Benteke but we havent doubt his ability as weve seen. Now im not saying this guy is as Benteke or even Gestede as i was frustrated by his game the other day but i think we need to see him in a game where we are dominating.

Im just frustrated about his fee hes our most important signing yet from day one many of us had their doubts. I couldnt fault Tim even if he was a flip but i really thought we could have spend it better. Anyway i will be supporting him and I think he would be better than Weimann atleast I just hope Sherwood wont have the eternal love to this player as Lambert used to have with Andy !

I think we could try something like 442 where hes upfront with Gestede. Adama on the right Bacuna or Scott in the left and see how it goes. He will give defenders hard times dealing with crosses and give Gestede much freedom.

He was much better against United than in his first game. Not so much going forward but he got back and made some really good tackles, which can only be a good sign. Like all of the new lads we have to give him time but if he applies himself like he did on Friday he could do well.

That dive was pathetic though.

• Like 1

I honestly can't understand why some have an expectation of all the new signings hitting the ground running, it was never going to happen.

He needs time to adjust, find his role in the team. He certainly is talented so coached correctly I'm sure he will prove to be a good signing, until then I guess he will have to get used to being the new Villa scapegoat.

I can't say I have been overly impressed with the lad, some decent touches and bursts of liveliness but not showing the standard I had hoped - even considering it's early on. If we had picked him up on a free or on the cheap I wouldn't be so concerned but  I'm afraid I have to declare I am in the Charlie Austin camp in that I would have spent 15m on him rather than 12m on Ayew, I just can't help making the comparison.

Players certainly do take some time to get up to speed with the premier league and the teams style of play etc and I hope this is the case!

According o his Dad, Jordan is potentially the best player of his offspring (I think there are three).

TIme for Raymond to earn his chips

Did he not say that when Jordan was about 5? Maybe not the most up to date analysis. No chance in hell is he as good as Andre. 

Â