Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

For me this guy is more about his potential, so I'm not pinning any major hopes on him too soon. He has good attributes, so I'm hoping he will make it and hopefully we'll see positive development over the season and I echo the comments about being patient. 

• Like 1

I thought he was shocked by the pace of the game, early doors he came into midfield and won the ball back but was quickly getting tired from doing it and then faded to the point he was anonymous.

Needs time.

For me this guy is more about his potential, so I'm not pinning any major hopes on him too soon. He has good attributes, so I'm hoping he will make it and hopefully we'll see positive development over the season and I echo the comments about being patient.

It's probably one of the reasons Sherwood was/is looking at Adebayor for a season. Take the pressure off Ayew and let him develop.

• Like 2

Think he will take some time to settle - he was never meant to be a direct replacement for Benteke so I think that buys him plenty of time. Will be hoping to see more of his potential albeit in isolated incidents going forward though.

• Like 1

We as Villa supporters have enough evidence to support my claim that he will get time with us.

We have seen strikers given an abundance of slack from us over the years....He has come to the right club for patience.

He will be ok

not sure if he should start against united, if he struggled against bournmouth he is going to find it very tough vs united

Why? Bournemouth were always going to press us, United will allow some of the players more freedom as the onus will be on us to attack.

not sure if he should start against united, if he struggled against bournmouth he is going to find it very tough vs united

Why? Bournemouth were always going to press us, United will allow some of the players more freedom as the onus will be on us to attack.

As I think Rudy has to play in this game and one of our forward players has to make way. I think Gabby has to play in my view as he is more experienced and does cause united problems. Ayew will be better utilised as a sub in this game i think

• Like 2

As I think Rudy has to play in this game and one of our forward players has to make way. I think Gabby has to play in my view as he is more experienced and does cause united problems. Ayew will be better utilised as a sub in this game i think

Yep, I think that is what will happen.

At least it's good that Sherwood has a selection headache on his hands - something that the previous few managers haven't really had. Gil and Grealish may have to wait for their opportunities to get back into the team once they are fit again.

He didnt play that well but he seemed to get better as the game went on.

Will be better with a striker who holds up the ball.All 3 of our forwards that started didnvery poorly in that regard.

Gota give the kid 10 games or so to get used to Prem League for an example Evra at united from the French league was shocking to start with , he joined in Jan but wasnt until the following season he fully adjusted.

He was involved in our best bit of play for Gueye's chance.  Came deep and then was the one playing the ball through for Gabby.

This. He's surprisingly good technically, it's up to Tim to make that translate into good performances which I'm sure in time he will.

This. He's surprisingly good technically,

I was actually shocked (/relieved) to see a Villa attacker with such a good first touch. I was just so used to seeing Andy Weimann and his 50p feet.

• Like 3

Taken from the United pre match day thread:

Without a shadow of a doubt, Ayew was the least effective presser in Aston Villa. Although there were many examples, I’m only giving you one sequence here for time’s sake. In this action, you can see Ayew (number 19, in the centre circle) approaching Gosling near the centre of the pitch; however, he seems to think “ummm… I shouldn’t really be here”, and jogs back to the right side, towards Daniels. He then just sort of stands there 3 meters away from him, without any sense of urgency whatsoever. He then gets a second chance to press the man on the ball, but again just stands there watching the player pass him by. This could definitely be something that Young and Shaw could take advantage of. Ayew does have the protection of Bacuna behind him, but even against Bournemouth at times they looked weak on the right side of defence.

Â