Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

10 mill was alot of money to spend on a defensive wide player

Majority of the game i just seen him trying to keep holding onto the ball running back to our own half

Lambert would have loved him oh and that dive was just rediculous

He was all the things the fans are saying he was.

He is going to be better than this....There was a few turns towards the end of the game where he seemed to be getting into the groove and look encouraging, but it was no where near enough......but I think this player will take a few months.

• Like 1

Those writing him off after 2 games need to calm down. We are know were near the finished article as a team in the way that we play and as such performances will be hit and miss at times until players start settling down. Personally I would rather see him down the middle instead of gabby in the 3 up front. He's more of handfull than Gabby who would be better playing out wider in the 3 up top with his pace. Ayew will get better but needs time as with Veretout.

Appreciate it's two games in. Appreciate it's a new league with new players etc but he's looked absolutely rubbish so far. Whereas Amavi has looked class. Think he should have come off instead of Sinclair today.

Not writing him off, but, needs time to adjust.

Edited by PieFacE

It's true but sometimes you get an inkling with new signings from first impressions, I really liked watching Gueye at Walsall and gut reaction would be he'd be an excellent player for us in this league. Promising spells in both league games.

Amavi just looks an utter class act.

Can't say I'm getting a great feeling with Ayew. Veretout has also underwhelmed me a bit, neat and tidy passer but lacks pace and ability to dominate although I think a few were going overboard with praise when we signed him.

Still early days.

This topic reminds me why I ignore VT after match days. Patience people. Hes 22 years old in a brand new league. He has the attributes. We may not see the best of him for a bit of time yet. Shows how much we need more of a proven striker.

• Like 4

I think when Grealish and Adama are ready, he will head to the bench. He's young and needs time. I just hope he doesnt throw a tantrum at being 2nd string, because he is well off the pace at the present time.

He's had an idiot called Gabby playing with him for 2 games, drop Gabby bring in Grealish, drop Westwood for Traore, and play Gestede up front with Ayew just off him, Veretout and Gueye as holding midfielders. I think playing with width will help him.

• Like 1

He was rubbish. Although so was Gabby and Sinclair. Formation was poo and Noone found the strikers. If he has Gil and Grealish traore next to him he might look better.

Ironically lacking confidence...which is the last thing I expected to see from an Ayew! Plays with such flourish for Ghana (i think sometimes frustrating folks because he can be careless), to me today he seemed almost shy, unwilling to use his physicality and athleticism to take on defenders and challenge the opposition.

Time, i hope, will help.

give him time.he's in a new country and different style of football.i think he'll play better with gestede in the team as the whole team will infact.some people take longer to settle than others.patience is needed.

Â