Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I'm not sure if they are good signings.....just like i was unsure about Bremner,Morley,Withe,Swain,Cropley,Rimmer,Gray,Mortimer.

i am not a scout, so i have no idea.....I am a Villa Fan/spectator ........that has to trust the team of coaches/scouts, who have a better idea of the European Market

Some of those players were pretty well established though so we knew a lot more about them than we know about Ayew. However we'll have to wait and see. Trouble we have is that we have already signed 2 now probably 3 players from the French league and they will no doubt go straight into the first team and unless they hit the ground running we may find ourselves struggling to pick up points. Basically there isn't much bedding in time, because the players that did most to keep us up last season have gone. 

People who watch French football say he's not very good and we've paid silly money.

People who don't watch French football say he's going to be the next Benteke.

Hmmmmmm !!

Amavi is of a higher standard but overrated.

You can tell Lambert's scouting team have gone with these signings. Never under his reign.

Also, people who watch French football seemingly make broad generalisations about what 'people who don't watch French football' say.

You can tell Lambert's scouting team have gone with these signings. Never under his reign.

Thank God they've gone!

Let's give the boy a chance? Why the anger??

Durr thunderball... Because we should be asking Lambert's scouts for more gems like Helenius, El Ahmadi, Bennett and J-Bowz! ;)

People who watch French football say he's not very good and we've paid silly money.

Hmmmmmm !!

I watched France '98, and I've eaten several baguettes, so I think I know a thing or two about French football. Or Le ballon du fut as we call it.

Also, I actually lolled at the 'never under his reign' comment! Lambert and his team did exceptionally well to bring in Benteke and other quality on a low budget, but they also brought in quite a few rubbish players for the low budget. Which I think most of us accept is inevitable when gambling with young and unproven players. But to have written off some of these latest signings because they cost more and are therefore, in your opinion, a waste of money... It's bizarre. I can't see in to the future, so I'll judge them on how they play for Villa, when they play.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if they are good signings.....just like i was unsure about Bremner,Morley,Withe,Swain,Cropley,Rimmer,Gray,Mortimer.

i am not a scout, so i have no idea.....I am a Villa Fan/spectator ........that has to trust the team of coaches/scouts, who have a better idea of the European Market

Some of those players were pretty well established though so we knew a lot more about them than we know about Ayew. However we'll have to wait and see. Trouble we have is that we have already signed 2 now probably 3 players from the French league and they will no doubt go straight into the first team and unless they hit the ground running we may find ourselves struggling to pick up points. Basically there isn't much bedding in time, because the players that did most to keep us up last season have gone. 

well that is a matter of opinion and considering they had British backgrounds....They were all gambles, with perhaps Mortimer, being a lesser one.

I really can't be sure whether these players will do wonders for us or not.....but what i do think is, foreign players do seem to have more idea on the ball than their British counterparts....so there could be a chance they will be ok

not sure either about this not being established in the Prem.....plenty have come in a from abroad and made a name for themselves.

we spent 18 mill on Bent proven scorer in our league.....look, which ever way you look at it.....its a gamble.

I haven't read all through the thread but I haven't seen any posters displaying this sort of naivety.

Then I think you should if you can't spot the naivety. We've signed a dud. Deal with it.

Pretending the price paid is lower than the actual price paid isn't going to alleviate your disappointment either. 

Edited by supernova26

Hmmmmmm !!

I watched France '98, and I've eaten several baguettes, so I think I know a thing or two about French football. Or Le ballon du fut as we call it.

Also, I actually lolled at the 'never under his reign' comment! Lambert and his team did exceptionally well to bring in Benteke and other quality on a low budget, but they also brought in quite a few rubbish players for the low budget. Which I think most of us accept is inevitable when gambling with young and unproven players. But to have written off some of these latest signings because they cost more and are therefore, in your opinion, a waste of money... It's bizarre. I can't see in to the future, so I'll judge them on how they play for Villa, when they play.

Lambert signing 1 decent player in about 8 is a ratio that even my nan could manage.

but i am very excited about the players we are signing, even if they are expensive gambles to an extent.

• Like 2

I haven't read all through the thread but I haven't seen any posters displaying this sort of naivety.

Then I think you should if you can't spot the naivety. We've signed a dud. Deal with it.

giphy.gif

Pretending the price paid is lower than the actual price paid isn't going to alleviate your disappointment either. 

Ah, I thought so..

Paul, how is life treating you these days?

Any job offers yet?

Are you for real? Writing off a player as a dud before he's even kicked a ball for us. That's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Are you for real? Writing off a player as a dud before he's even kicked a ball for us. That's ridiculous.

Writing him off before he's even signed for us

I agree with your point to an extent however the two players(possibly three) we have brought in have one thing in common... They speak the same language. IMO this will help them settle quicker than someone who is more isolated through a language barrier. Also the players brought in are all physically strong and quick therefore I don't think the pace will be a problem either. All my opinion though but I think Amavi and Gueye will be ok adjusting. 

With regards to the players you mentioned that kept us up, lets not forget Tekkers was injured and arguably didn't begin his season until just before Sherwood arrived. Vlaar was hit and miss with regards to his own fitness and performances. And Judas Delphinius imo didn't exactly light the world up with goals and assists. He was the best of a very bad bunch and more than replaceable.

• Like 1

How do you add someone to the ignore list on here?  I would be more than happy to listen to reasoned argument by someone who has seen him play and can explain his limitations. Not someone who thinks we are pretending that the price we paid is lower.  We are just going on what is being reported.  Only place to report £12m is Sky Sports.  Everywhere else it has been either €12m or €10m.

Â