Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Moeen Ali has performed very well for England during the ramadan, last season against India and against the Aussies in the first test. I'm not sure it has that much of a negative effect on your performance.

I'm sure sportsmen are allowed to eat and drink during the day during Ramadan.

Why would it be different for sports men?

Moeen Ali has performed very well for England during the ramadan, last season against India and against the Aussies in the first test. I'm not sure it has that much of a negative effect on your performance.

Not him. He's a very devout Muslim and stuck to the fasting. He was allowed to drink water however. 

I'm really hoping that there is nothing to it and it is just rumours!

I honestly don't think he'd be anywhere near good enough for what we need! 

I'm hearing different rumours that we've bid £7 million, £8 million or even £12 million. Talk about wasting money!!!

Good business for his current club though as they only paid £3 million for him last summer I think

Another thing, even if we do sign him and he does alright, he's another player that we'd lose during the African Cup Of Nations! 

I like to think that I'm a good judge of a player and from what I have seen of him, I am 100% against this signing for the sort of money being mentioned

People follow Ramadan in various ways, there are no definitive rules. For example daylight is much longer here than in Mecca, so some people fast during Mecca daylight, others fast during all local daylight hours.

I guess different sports people also have different interpretations.

Not him. He's a very devout Muslim and stuck to the fasting. He was allowed to drink water however.

He didn't fast as he was travelling. If playing in Edgbaston he would've. My dad and his dad are long time friends.

I just asked my friend who is Muslim. She said "You are supposed to try and follow it but if you can't you don't have to"

It's more about being thankful for all that you have and thinking of those that don't.

You can effectively defer days if you need to. In essence you can say 'sorry god, can't do this right now but I'll make it up to you' because the strict sticking to it simply can't work for some people. I'd imagine sports men and women might fit that bracket, although for footballers its timed quite well for the next few years as said earlier in the thread.

I used to work with a Muslim girl who basically just picked and chose what she wanted to follow. I believe Ramadan this year in her mind happened to other people in her view.

I remember the younger one being better and thought we were signing the older one. Definitely a pleasant surprise, I'd have thought he'd be at a European qualifying type Premier League club if he ever came over, hope we can get him.

He didn't fast as he was travelling. If playing in Edgbaston he would've. My dad and his dad are long time friends.

Yes you are quite right. He fasted outside match days. 

Guy just been on Talksport and said we've offered 8m for him and wanted to stager payment over a couple of years but Lorient want 12m, he dosen't think it's as far down the line as Sky are claiming but thinks we'll get it done eventually so bit like the Amavi deal.

As regards the player, yeah he's alright but not as good as his Brother. Don't really think we should be spunking that amount on him tbh. Suppose the plan is he'll play wide and Adebayor will be the striker through the middle.

Was going to say is their an AFNC this season as we're a bit screwed over the winter if there is!

Yes you are quite right. He fasted outside match days. 

There are loads of Muslims in the premier league, people like Nasri and Ozil are, they get through it.

Dont think so, drinking water breaks the fast.

He was either fasting or he wasnt. Theres no inbetween.

I just asked my friend who is Muslim. She said "You are supposed to try and follow it but if you can't you don't have to"

It's more about being thankful for all that you have and thinking of those that don't.

Here in Dubai I have a few muslim friends and the general rule seems to be that if you have a pretty good reason to miss a day then it's fine if you then make it up later (so fasting for a few extra days after Ramadan).

Anyway, not at all convinced by this. Haven't got a lot to base it on but something feels off about this player. His goal record isn't great in an average league and I'm pretty sure I didn't rate him when I saw him play for Ghana (but I can't really remember).

Â