Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

It's not our money, I don't get this crying over the fee.

If the scouts and management team think he is worth the outlay, and it fits in within our budget (that they know more about than us btw) then that's good enough for me.

Yes we finally have money lets waste it

Who says we are wasting it, you?

I'll take the judgment of the professionals thanks.

• Like 1

I remember the younger one being better and thought we were signing the older one. Definitely a pleasant surprise, I'd have thought he'd be at a European qualifying type Premier League club if he ever came over, hope we can get him.

Andre has always looked the better player for me, although I haven't watched Jordan for around 18 months so have may have come on a lot in that time (I'm hoping so!)

different players though. I think we need someone like andre (attacking midfielder who wants to boss the game) and a true 9, i think jordan plays more as a 7 (atleast for ghana playing off gyan) so isnt a cb replacement but should imply fewer opps for gil, sinclair, etc.

Do McKay and Sherwood have any history as he seems to have represented Amavi and Gueye too, he will certainly be dining out on us for a long while with his cut of these deals.

Could it be that Sherwood is even more like Gregory than we thought....

Until/if the guy turns up and plays a full season.... how can someone quantify what he is worth? Passed experience in a different team in a different league?

Until he is playing in our team, in this league, with Timmy's 'philosophy', I cant say he is worth x or y.... if by Christmas he has scored 10 goals and we are sitting pretty in the top half of the table, £12m seems like a bargain....

Either way, I am willing to take that chance  (with someone elses money) at this stage. Exciting signing IMHO

• Like 2

I remember the younger one being better and thought we were signing the older one. Definitely a pleasant surprise, I'd have thought he'd be at a European qualifying type Premier League club if he ever came over, hope we can get him.

Andre has always looked the better player for me, although I haven't watched Jordan for around 18 months so have may have come on a lot in that time (I'm hoping so!)
different players though. I think we need someone like andre (attacking midfielder who wants to boss the game) and a true 9, i think jordan plays more as a 7 (atleast for ghana playing off gyan) so isnt a cb replacement but should imply fewer opps for gil, sinclair, etc.
Played off the striker for Ghana but apparently at a "no 9" for Lorient.

Ayew arrives in England

Jordan Ayew has arrived in England ahead of his £12m move to Aston Villa.

He is expected to have his medical on Sunday.

“I’m delighted to have arrived in the UK and to have the opportunity to join a club the size of Aston Villa,” Ayew told Sky Sports News.

“I’m looking forward to meeting the manager and I am very excited about the prospect of playing in the best league in the world.

“I’m sure with the new players that Aston Villa are bringing in that we can all work together to make it a great season for a great football club.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-6127410

• Like 2

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France

Jordan Ayew to Sky Sports: "I’m looking forward to meeting the manager & I'm very excited about playing in the best league in the world."

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France

Jordan Ayew to Sky Sports: “I’m delighted to have arrived in the UK and to have the opportunity to join a club the size of Aston Villa."

I'm disappointed he said league instead of team... But beggars can't be choosers! If that Twitter account is legit then it sounds like he's on board. Good stuff.

Edited by alreadyexists

Ayew arrives in England

“I’m delighted to have arrived in the UK and to have the opportunity to join a club the size of Aston Villa,” Ayew told Sky Sports News.

“I’m looking forward to meeting the manager and I am very excited about the prospect of playing in the best league in the world.

“I’m sure with the new players that Aston Villa are bringing in that we can all work together to make it a great season for a great football club.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-6127410

Nice comments 

• Like 1

Ayew arrives in England

Nice comments 

i thought he was coming from Lorient?

Â