Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

a frenchy replied to me asking if he is good or not.

"he can score goals but he's dumb as **** and a complete bellend so it might limit his potential."   xD guess wait and see

He should fit right in then... ;)

Gabby's room mate on away days and Jack's hippy crack partner for party nights :-)

• Like 1

Walk away

Why would we do that?

If we stump up the extra cash every club is going to ask for more in all future deals

The ball is in our court here the player is already in the country ready to sign we need to stick to our guns and hold firm

I will be a bit cheesed off if we bow to their demands and give them more.

• Like 1

So he's either...

Good or bad

A dud or world class

Underpriced or overpriced

Bentekes replacement or Nzogbias replacement

23 or 27

Wears his shorts just right or too baggy

Glad we cleared that up because you see whatever he is he's currently having a medical at citeh

Ahh your medical at citeh joke gets better and better...

• Like 1

Obviously I don't know the situation, but generally speaking I favour the club in these cases. Footballers are company assets, commodities that are traded to make clubs competitive.

This is the contract a footballers signs in to, and they're more than adequately recompensed for that. A contract should be honoured, once a club has entered to sign that agreement it should be adhered to.

Too many players come out with "x said this" when a contract is written and binding. Clubs are entitled to get the best deal they can on their assets, and until something is signed and sealed the players should wind their necks in and assume nothing.

• Like 1

So it's perfectly fine for a club to accept a bid (as Lorient presumably did), for the player to hop on a plane, travel to a different country and then be told 'actually we want more money, so come back on another plane or get your NEW club to offer more money' ?

I see nothing wrong with him coming out with comments (other than that he does come across as a bit petulant) :D what Lorient have done is a bit unfair on the player.

• Like 2

Kind of feel for him over this, but not shocked this as happened. Poor showing from his club though he a deal had already been agreed beforehand: 

"It is incomprehensible," said Ayew.

"I was told that I could leave for 12 million Euros, but now they are asking for 10 million in pounds with two million in bonuses, which makes up about 17 million Euros. What the hell!

"This meeting finished very badly. I am really very annoyed, but it is incredible what they are doing to me. They were telling me about how much Amavi was bought for by Aston Villa, but I am not Amavi. We are two different players who have two different situations. They are basically saying that English clubs can only pay more because they have money.

"It is finished for me, they bought me for 5 million Euros and they are blocking me. I am in Birmingham, I am on my way to Aston Villa. Nothing will change my decision. I told them: But why do you want to keep me at this point?"

"It is the right moment. My wife speaks English. In any case I am no longer going to training. It is finished for me.

"It is true that I have a contract, but I had a good year, they will make a good profit and you cannot change the rules of the game like that. I can leave for one sum but if it is Aston Villa I am worth more. In my head in any case I have left."

Sounds like the club have done a Delph on him

DAD = Done A Delph  ;)

Walk away

Why would we do that?

If we stump up the extra cash every club is going to ask for more in all future deals

The ball is in our court here the player is already in the country ready to sign we need to stick to our guns and hold firm

I will be a bit cheesed off if we bow to their demands and give them more.

The rest of our deals in this window will probably be loans or freebies like Adebayor and Cambiasso so don't think that will make much difference. 

Kind of feel for him over this, but not shocked this as happened. Poor showing from his club though he a deal had already been agreed beforehand:

"I was told that I could leave for 12 million Euros, but now they are asking for 10 million in pounds with two million in bonuses, which makes up about 17 million Euros. What the hell!

"This meeting finished very badly. I am really very annoyed, but it is incredible what they are doing to me. They were telling me about how much Amavi was bought for by Aston Villa, but I am not Amavi. We are two different players who have two different situations. They are basically saying that English clubs can only pay more because they have money.

"It is finished for me, they bought me for 5 million Euros and they are blocking me. I am in Birmingham, I am on my way to Aston Villa. Nothing will change my decision. I told them: But why do you want to keep me at this point?"

"It is the right moment. My wife speaks English. In any case I am no longer going to training. It is finished for me.

"It is true that I have a contract, but I had a good year, they will make a good profit and you cannot change the rules of the game like that. I can leave for one sum but if it is Aston Villa I am worth more. In my head in any case I have left."

DAD = Done A Delph ;)
In all fairness to him you can understand why he's kicking off, he's just using the media to force his clubs hand.

He's over here & I can't see it falling apart. No disrespect to Lorient but it's a massive step up....also I'm loving that he has his heart set on coming here, made so nice comments about us!

Nice to see we are still held in such regard by someone outside the country.

Edited by mightysasquatch

DAD = Done A Delph ;)
In all fairness to him you can understand why he's kicking off, he's just using the media to force his clubs hand.

He's over here & I can't see it falling apart. No disrespect to Lorient but it's a massive step up....also I'm loving that he has his heart set on coming here, made so nice comments about us!

yep, Aston villa is still a big name on the continent

DAD = Done A Delph ;)

yep, Aston villa is still a big name on the continent
Big name all over the world I know for a fact we have a big following in Turkey. I went to Poland last week on business and in places like Poznan and even where our offices are (near polish/German border) I saw people with villa shirts. Fans if other teams here I know still regard us as s big club.

Seems sometimes our own fans think so little of the club than outsiders. We are and always will be one of the biggest clubs in UK Europe and the world regardless.

I'm proud to be a villa fan and never hide the fact even when we were at our lowest. Things are looking up now personally and can't wIt for the first game of the season

• Like 1

So he's actually in Birmingham?

I guess we move on, he's worth no where near the fee they're now asking for and IMO not worth the fee that was originally agreed.

Nothing like giving the fella a chance eh.

I'm sure he's a decent enough player and would get my full support if he signs but I think that fee is grossly inflated to the point where we shouldn't bother at all. We shouldn't be over-spending. (e)17m could get us a better player than him easily. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I guess we move on, he's worth no where near the fee they're now asking for and IMO not worth the fee that was originally agreed.

I'm sure he's a decent enough player and would get my full support if he signs but I think that fee is grossly inflated to the point where we shouldn't bother at all. We shouldn't be over-spending. (e)17m could get us a better player than him easily. 

This

Pray tell who I'm not into watching world football or following players but who young and better with the potential to get better is out there? I can't name one but people come out with this. Then they retort 'not my job it's the clubs job'. Not having a dig just find it amusing that fans always come out with this sort of stuff but never a genuine name or value.
  • Like 1

Can you let us have the formula for working out how much a player is "worth"? And more importantly send it to the club.

Whatever, I am clear the club should very firmly tell Lorient to **** off on this one. It is a bit of low-life, fairly clumsy racketeering they are going in for here. The Trotters would be proud of them.

• Like 1

Â