Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Ayew arrives in England

Jordan Ayew has arrived in England ahead of his £12m move to Aston Villa.

He is expected to have his medical on Sunday.

“I’m delighted to have arrived in the UK and to have the opportunity to join a club the size of Aston Villa,” Ayew told Sky Sports News.

“I’m looking forward to meeting the manager and I am very excited about the prospect of playing in the best league in the world.

“I’m sure with the new players that Aston Villa are bringing in that we can all work together to make it a great season for a great football club.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-6127410

Nice comments
His father bigged us up as he was playing in England in the 90's so knew how big and good we were and still are. The players coming in are making us into a team and things are looking up at least for me! Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 1

£9-12m for Jordan Ayew LOL. Dear me. Sums up the sorry state the Premier League is in with it's false economy.

We've bought some tat so far at silly prices. At least is he's familiar with relegation battles. 

French laughing all the way to the bank at our expense (again). 

It looks like some people are happy with us spending big money on anybody with a foreign name. 

He never played in England I don't think, you're confusing him with Yeboah.

It was in this thread from a news report and mentioned his dad was pushing him to join us as he knew us from the 90's not sure if he played here but it stated the part about us being a big club etc.

£9-12m for Jordan Ayew LOL. Dear me. Sums up the sorry state the Premier League is in with it's false economy.

We've bought some tat so far at silly prices. At least is he's familiar with relegation battles.

It looks like some people are happy with us spending big money on anybody with a foreign name.

And the award for most negative post goes to..... Edited by benireduk
  • Like 2

And the award for most negative post goes to.....
Seem to have a lot of scouts managers and knowledgeable people on here who know exactly how much a player is worth never having seen them or followed them and who seem to know better than professionals who know better.

Phew, glad you know how he'll perform at a new club with new players and a new manager.

Welcome Jordan! He's said some nice words. Have not heard of him before we were linked, but for me, that's true of most players. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Thirteen goals in a relegation threatened side is decent.

Could be pure speculation but there were possibly some suggestion Everton were interested as well. Probably paper talk.

The Guardian are saying £9m anyway. I shouldn't get hung up on price, but I do. Just (hypothetically) gives us more cash left over to play with.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/24/aston-villa-jordan-ayew-lorient?CMP=twt_gu

A legitimate, and honest post. I respect your opinion, genuinely, because I know nothing of these players we're signing. You could well be right

But I'm an optimist and I like an unknown quantity, especially a foreign one. 

Â