Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Also how can you know that the other player is valued at that same price ? That particular better player could be worth more. Just saying

Also how can you know that the other player is valued at that same price ? That particular better player could be worth more. Just saying

That's an in form, sort it out.

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/45985/jordan-ayew/

final fifa tats

Skills

79 Ball Control

74 Crossing

78 Curve

80 Dribbling

83 Finishing

75 Free Kick Accuracy

84 Heading Accuracy

63 Long Passing

85 Long Shots

24 Marking

84 Penalties

80 Short Passing

86 Shot Power

26 Sliding Tackle

23 Standing Tackle

84 Volleys

Physical

79 Acceleration

85 Agility

74 Balance

66 Jumping

80 Reactions

80 Sprint Speed

69 Stamina

78 Strength

Edited by TreeVillan

I guess we move on, he's worth no where near the fee they're now asking for and IMO not worth the fee that was originally agreed. 

Can you let us have the formula for working out how much a player is "worth"? And more importantly send it to the club.

Whatever, I am clear the club should very firmly tell Lorient to **** off on this one. It is a bit of low-life, fairly clumsy racketeering they are going in for here. The Trotters would be proud of them.

So you ask for a 'formula' but in the next sentence basically agree that they are extorting us?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I guess we move on, he's worth no where near the fee they're now asking for and IMO not worth the fee that was originally agreed. 

Can you let us have the formula for working out how much a player is "worth"? And more importantly send it to the club.

Whatever, I am clear the club should very firmly tell Lorient to **** off on this one. It is a bit of low-life, fairly clumsy racketeering they are going in for here. The Trotters would be proud of them.

Perhaps we should get Del in for the negotiations....he already speaks the lingo

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

Obviously I don't know the situation, but generally speaking I favour the club in these cases. Footballers are company assets, commodities that are traded to make clubs competitive.

This is the contract a footballers signs in to, and they're more than adequately recompensed for that. A contract should be honoured, once a club has entered to sign that agreement it should be adhered to.

Too many players come out with "x said this" when a contract is written and binding. Clubs are entitled to get the best deal they can on their assets, and until something is signed and sealed the players should wind their necks in and assume nothing.

When clubs have already agreed a price and the player has been allowed to open talks or take a medical then the price should be fixed. Clubs can also take the piss with their demands by moving goalposts as in this situation. If I was Ayew I wouldn't want to have been told you can go for X amount, start personal terms and then get told by your club, "we've changed our minds and want more money now because they(villa) have the money". The player has every right to be pissed off in this instance in my opinion and I don't blame him for letting everyone know what's going on. We should hold firm and let the player force the move and not give them anymore than the initial agreement.

Everyone knows we have money to spend and we try to bleed us dry. It happens. That's what bascially happened when Liverpool sold Sterling and bought Benteke of us.

We didn't really bleed Liverpool dry considering Sherwood commented on the release clause just after the close of the season.  We just stuck to our guns and refused to budge under the constant media pressure to do so.

Everyone knows we have money to spend and we try to bleed us dry. It happens. That's what bascially happened when Liverpool sold Sterling and bought Benteke of us.

But we didn't change the goalposts we had a fee that was set (maybe the same as in ayews case) and we stuck to it, plop tried to change the terms by offering players (maybe). I'm 100% behind player and villa here.
  • Like 1

Erm, some of us do actually watch football beyond "the best league in the world".

All I can say about this Ayew is £12m is a very expensive cover player for Gabby.  ;)

From the Rolan thread, a player in the French league.

Anyone watch the froggy league give us a lowdown? What are his all important youtube credentials like? 

You're basically saying you don't watch French football here. Can't have changed much in 2 days.

Which is it?

tlpm.gif

• Like 3

I dunno but I think it's the perfect opportunity to get NZogbia off the 25 man list say to them how bout 8million plus CNZ on loan for the season paying 50% wages. I know that is very idealistic but I'm sure he must be sick of flounderin round. His pay isn't affected and he might get a move back to Europe out of it if he goes well for Lorient I can't really see a downside for any party.

I dunno but I think it's the perfect opportunity to get NZogbia off the 25 man list say to them how bout 8million plus CNZ on loan for the season paying 50% wages. I know that is very idealistic but I'm sure he must be sick of flounderin round. His pay isn't affected and he might get a move back to Europe out of it if he goes well for Lorient I can't really see a downside for any party.

• Like 1

Moeen Ali has performed very well for England during the ramadan, last season against India and against the Aussies in the first test. I'm not sure it has that much of a negative effect on your performance.

He's also a cricketer. It's the only sport less physically demanding than napping.

You've never played cricket then

Yep. Putting in a consistent effort over 8 hours, for up to five days. It takes it out of you physically and mentally.

I dunno but I think it's the perfect opportunity to get NZogbia off the 25 man list say to them how bout 8million plus CNZ on loan for the season paying 50% wages.

Now that my friends is genius....[apart from the loan bit]

Edited by Gary Thomas

So it's perfectly fine for a club to accept a bid (as Lorient presumably did), for the player to hop on a plane, travel to a different country and then be told 'actually we want more money, so come back on another plane or get your NEW club to offer more money' ?

I see nothing wrong with him coming out with comments (other than that he does come across as a bit petulant) :D what Lorient have done is a bit unfair on the player.

My company sends me on planes to places all the time, I just do as I'm told. I don't start threatening to effectively go on strike, they'd telle where to go.

Â