Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

£9-12m for Jordan Ayew LOL. Dear me. Sums up the sorry state the Premier League is in with it's false economy.

We've bought some tat so far at silly prices. At least is he's familiar with relegation battles. 

French laughing all the way to the bank at our expense (again). 

It looks like some people are happy with us spending big money on anybody with a foreign name. 

£9-12m for Jordan Ayew LOL. Dear me. Sums up the sorry state the Premier League is in with it's false economy.

We've bought some tat so far at silly prices. At least is he's familiar with relegation battles. 

It looks like some people are happy with us spending big money on anybody with a foreign name. 

What makes you think that Gueye, Amavi and Ayew are tat?

Genuinely wish to know.

Erm, some of us do actually watch football beyond "the best league in the world".

All I can say about this Ayew is £12m is a very expensive cover player for Gabby.  ;)

You might be right, I don't know I've not seen him play, but I can't help but think about the people who told us we'd over paid for Benteke 3 years ago.

Will wait and see what he is like in our colours.

• Like 3

Erm, some of us do actually watch football beyond "the best league in the world".

All I can say about this Ayew is £12m is a very expensive cover player for Gabby. ;)

You might be right, I don't know I've not seen him play, but I can't help but think about the people who told us we'd over paid for Benteke 3 years ago.

This.

Also add that Ayew sounds a much better prospect than the last Jordan we signed...

Edited by benireduk

According to Wikipedia he's scored not far off 1 in 2 for Lorient this season, coming off scoring 1 in 3 for Sochaux. That's pretty good for a 23yo.

He's a big bloke, and his YouTubage shows some skills which suggest he has a bit of nous. I'm optimistic.

All I can say about this Ayew is £12m is a very expensive cover player for Gabby. ;)

This.

Also add that Ayew sounds a much better prospect than the last Jordan we signed...

Don't dis J-Bowz.

This.

Jordan Amavi?

The leftback we signed a few days ago? .... He seems like a decent prospect to me ;)

• Like 4

I really think there should be a "Hall Of Shame" thread at the end of each season where comments like this are revisited to examine how wise. knowledgeable or otherwise they proved to be. I'll be storing up my rotten tomatoes to throw at this one just in case it turns out to be complete and utter bollocks.

And what if he's right? It's not popular to be pessimistic, but it'll bow to anyone who claims to know better, at this point. 

As it is, I think he'll be a decent signing for us, because I don't think he will be expected to be our main goal threat. 

• Like 1

This.

Jordan Amavi?

The leftback we signed a few days ago? .... He seems like a decent prospect to me ;)

Touché! [emoji3]

• Like 1

I'm not sure if they are good signings.....just like i was unsure about Bremner,Morley,Withe,Swain,Cropley,Rimmer,Gray,Mortimer.

i am not a scout, so i have no idea.....I am a Villa Fan/spectator ........that has to trust the team of coaches/scouts, who have a better idea of the European Market

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

This.

Jordan Amavi?

Touché! [emoji3]

2conc5c.jpg

People who watch French football say he's not very good and we've paid silly money.

People who don't watch French football say he's going to be the next Benteke.

Hmmmmmm !!

Amavi is of a higher standard but overrated.

You can tell Lambert's scouting team have gone with these signings. Never under his reign. 

Edited by supernova26

I'm not sure if they are good signings.....just like i was unsure about Bremner,Morley,Withe,Swain,Cropley,Rimmer,Gray,Mortimer.

i am not a scout, so i have no idea.....I am a Villa Fan/spectator ........that has to trust the team of coaches/scouts.

I loves it when you start talking about players from many decades ago. I know it's a real topic then!

People who watch French football say he's not very good and we've paid silly money.

People who don't watch French football say he's going to be the next Benteke.

Hmmmmmm !!

Amavi is of a higher standard but overrated.

You can tell Lambert's scouting team have gone with these signings. Never under his reign. 

We don't need the next Benteke though, and some of us wouldn't want that anyway. I'd sooner have two strikers who can score goals instead of one prima donna who doesn't turn up for FA Cup finals.

ditto

Â