Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Moeen Ali has performed very well for England during the ramadan, last season against India and against the Aussies in the first test. I'm not sure it has that much of a negative effect on your performance.

I'm sure sportsmen are allowed to eat and drink during the day during Ramadan.

Why would it be different for sports men?

Why is it different for the fat bitch in my office who eats 2 big bags of doritos because she felt 'too weak to work'?

Have no idea if he is good or not. 8m is a lot of money for us.

especially as on top of this we need another 4 players and have jst 20M left

Just going back to this:

Adebayor will be a loan or small fee.

Your boy Praet will be 8-10m

I get the feeling another central midfielder on top of that will also be a late loan, say someone like Tom Carroll.

That's surely us done then, no new Centre halfs until January imo.

But you could get 3 players there for 10m.

Guy just been on Talksport and said we've offered 8m for him and wanted to stager payment over a couple of years but Lorient want 12m, he dosen't think it's as far down the line as Sky are claiming but thinks we'll get it done eventually so bit like the Amavi deal.

As regards the player, yeah he's alright but not as good as his Brother. Don't really think we should be spunking that amount on him tbh. Suppose the plan is he'll play wide and Adebayor will be the striker through the middle.

Was going to say is their an AFNC this season as we're a bit screwed over the winter if there is!

Moeen Ali has performed very well for England during the ramadan, last season against India and against the Aussies in the first test. I'm not sure it has that much of a negative effect on your performance.

I'm sure sportsmen are allowed to eat and drink during the day during Ramadan.

Not him. He's a very devout Muslim and stuck to the fasting. He was allowed to drink water however.

He didn't fast as he was travelling. If playing in Edgbaston he would've. My dad and his dad are long time friends.

Yes you are quite right. He fasted outside match days. 

There are loads of Muslims in the premier league, people like Nasri and Ozil are, they get through it.

Yes but theres different levels of faith. A lot of Muslims don't fast during ramadan

As regards the player, yeah he's alright but not as good as his Brother.

Can't agree there. There's a fairly decent jump in quality from Andre to Jordan.

O.k but Andre is making 80k a week by the stands of it at Swansea so he was never a realistic signing.

Jordan scored 12 league goals last season, it's not amazing but just looking at Soccerbase he did actually score against PSG, Lyon and twice v Marseille so he made an impact against the better teams in the league.

Do McKay and Sherwood have any history as he seems to have represented Amavi and Gueye too, he will certainly be dining out on us for a long while with his cut of these deals.

• Like 1

with the little I know of this guy, I see this as an exciting signing.

If we can combine this with the services of the experienced adebayor for a year, we may be picking up a gem!

The combination of adebayew (trademark pending) could cause teams havok next season.... and at this stage would soften the blow of the big guy leaving this week.

• Like 3

It's not our money, I don't get this crying over the fee.

If the scouts and management team think he is worth the outlay, and it fits in within our budget (that they know more about than us btw) then that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

Can't agree there. There's a fairly decent jump in quality from Andre to Jordan.

O.k but Andre is making 80k a week by the stands of it at Swansea so he was never a realistic signing.

Jordan scored 12 league goals last season, it's not amazing but just looking at Soccerbase he did actually score against PSG, Lyon and twice v Marseille so he made an impact against the better teams in the league.

He scored pretty much 1:2 last season, did better than Andre. Andre on big money (being a freebie) so Jordan makes more sense.

If we are willing to up our bid from what has been speculated was £8 million to £12 million then we clearly have the funds, we can clearly spend that and it's likely also been verified with our accounts to make sure it's not going to destroy the club. I understand the apprehension of such money being spent on unproven talent, but we have been bargain hunting for so long I think we've all forgotten what it's like to actually get the cheque book out and spend tens of millions on players.. Whether he's a success or not I'm just glad we're not buying some "wonder kid" from League Two for £3 million that turns out to be terrible because surprise surprise League Two was his level.. 

Edited by Daweii

Oh right I thought you were inferring that Jordan was far more inferior to Andre than I claimed.

Andre just has the better reputation and was a central figure for Marseille but yes be interesting to see how both adapt to the prem and do for their respective teams.

It's not our money, I don't get this crying over the fee.

If the scouts and management team think he is worth the outlay, and it fits in within our budget (that they know more about than us btw) then that's good enough for me.

Yes we finally have money lets waste it

I remember the younger one being better and thought we were signing the older one. Definitely a pleasant surprise, I'd have thought he'd be at a European qualifying type Premier League club if he ever came over, hope we can get him.

Andre has always looked the better player for me, although I haven't watched Jordan for around 18 months so have may have come on a lot in that time (I'm hoping so!)

I like to think that I'm a good judge of a player and from what I have seen of him, I am 100% against this signing for the sort of money being mentioned

When did you watch Lorient then?

I'd say I seen them play roughly 8-10 times last season. I also saw him play for Sochaux and Marseille before that. 

Not to mention watching Ayew play numerous times for Ghana over the last few years. 

If I had to put a number on it, I'd say I've seen him play about 30 games in total. 

That is more than enough time to judge a player. As a striker, I can't see it. As a wider player, maybe. 

I am always willing and hoping to be proven wrong if we sign him though!

• Like 1

He scored pretty much 1:2 last season, did better than Andre. Andre on big money (being a freebie) so Jordan makes more sense.
Jordan is a striker, Andre is an attacking midfielder. You can't decide who is te better player based purely in their goals.

Andre always looked more talented for me, a player capable of changing a game and producing something from nothing now and then.

Â