Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I thought last night, defensively, he was excellent.

I thought he lost his man too often. For the open goal that blose should have scored from in the second half it was Amavi who didn't track the runner who ended up having the shot. His defensive positioning needs work but it should improve with experience.

• Like 3

I thought last night, defensively, he was excellent.

I thought he lost his man too often. For the open goal that blose should have scored from in the second half it was Amavi who didn't track the runner who ended up having the shot. His defensive positioning needs work but it should improve with experience.

From watching the match highlights I agree, he needs to be touch tight to his man in that situation. He was a good five yards away, and he had no chance of blocking the shot which in the PL would probably have resulted in a goal against.

• 2 weeks later...

He looks like he's completely lost his confidence already. 

I'm finding it hard to tell if we all just really overrate players when we sign them and they have a good few games or whether it's a case of them being brought down to our general level of mediocrity by the management and team mates. Him and Gana really have looked poor recently after good starts. I'm leaning towards it more being a case of poor management and these players are better than their current form.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for him. His first few games he looked very raw but full of potential. His form is escaping him, although he did of course assist a goal last week. But he isn't attacking with the same fluency as before and his concentration seems to be dipping defensively. 

He's suffering with the team's abysmal form. He's suffering from playing under a dreadful manager and very poor coaching team which includes Ray Wilkins, a man who appears to be doing little more than a Phil 'The Parrot' Neal impression.  

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I feel sorry for him. His first few games he looked very raw but full of potential. His form is escaping him, although he did of course assist a goal last week. But he isn't attacking with the same fluency as before and his concentration seems to be dipping defensively. 

He's suffering with the team's abysmal form. He's suffering from playing under a dreadful manager and very poor coaching team which includes Ray Wilkins, a man who appears to be doing little more than a Phil 'The Parrot' Neal impression.  

He never really has anybody to help him, same goes with Bacuna/Hutton. Wingers need to be tracking back a bit

It's almost as if he is a young player and still has lots to learn and will make rookie mistakes.. He was never gonna be amazing in his first season in English football and has been really good but also really bad at times, he will only get better though as he learns from his mistakes.

Really don't think we helped Amavi or Hutton today. The formation was all wrong from the off playing them both as wingbacks. With the 3 CB's and 3 in the middle we smothered ourselves down the centre and exposed ourselves on both flanks. The amount of times they both got doubled upon in the first half was ridiculous in fairness to them. Switching to a 4 in the second half helped but the changes bringing on Gil and Ayew were too late.

Â