Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Getting worse and worse since the start of the season. Bags of potential but seems to be going the wrong way with the rest of the squad.

It doesn't surprise me when Sherwood comes out and says Richardson deserves to start, whilst his close media buddies plug an apparent "stats don't tell the real story" theme with Amavi's positive statistics.

Sucking the confidence out of the lad.

• Like 1

Why did we send Cissokho out on loan? He isn't great but if we're going to drop Amavi I'd much rather see Cissokho play than Richardson

Presumably not good enough offensively for Sherwood's liking, going by previous comments made regarding his view of full-backs. Which is weird given that he takes no issue with Hutton on that basis.

Just been scanning through facebook as usual in the morning and came across the FB of a well known poster on here. I hope he won't mind me mentioning this but it was regarding the Richardson-Amavi debate. Another poster had a pic of him and Wilkins talking pre match at Chelsea and apparently Wilkins said Amavi isn't good enough.

I hope he meant not good enough in this opinion atm which is arguable, if he means long term he needs to be ditched a.s.a.p as he's already allegedly badmouthed Gil outside the club.

IMO anyway Amavi should be starting today. At home we need to be positive and on the front foot and I think we're more likely to with Amavi in the team than Richardson. Away from home there's more of a decison to be made.

His comments about Amavi are a sackable offense in themself. He is focused on his pathetic little narrative though that says that the root of our problems is a lack of 'experience'. Guzan and Lescott have cost us - and are not even playing well overall like Amavi is - but they are guaranteed starters regardless. Sherwood is a moron.

Amavi looked like he was really lacking confidence when he came on against Chelsea, he looked like a shadow of himself to be honest. Sherwood's comments are hardly going to help that situation, you're absolutely right of course, the comments are a disgrace and aren't going to motivate the team. 

Hard to judge any of the signings under the current manager if I'm honest. Sherwood is out of depth and his decision making is to the deteriment of the team. I'll judge them under a more competent manager which probably isn't that far off now regardless of today's result in my opinion.

• Like 2

Â