Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

This is going to be unpopular, but it's become very apparent to me in the last few games that Amavi can't last beyond the 75th minute or so. He is a brilliant talent who will continue to get better, and I am not scapegoating him, but he needs to be subbed late in the game. He gets tired and he makes stupid, stupid decisions that cost us.

Really, you dont think is down to Sherwoods substitutions and him loosing any little protection he had in front of him? Because i 100% think thats why.

This is going to be unpopular, but it's become very apparent to me in the last few games that Amavi can't last beyond the 75th minute or so. He is a brilliant talent who will continue to get better, and I am not scapegoating him, but he needs to be subbed late in the game. He gets tired and he makes stupid, stupid decisions that cost us.

Really, you dont think is down to Sherwoods substitutions and him loosing any little protection he had in front of him? Because i 100% think thats why.

Amavi looked pretty tired against Sunderland at the end as well so I think you make a valid point about fitness, but I don't agree we should be taking him off and leaving the likes of Bacuna on the field!  In the system we played (4-2-3-1) our wingbacks get very exposed and have to work really hard – could see they had little cover and kept facing one-on-ones.  Not only that Amavi, in particular, is bombing up and down the flank all game so not surprising he tires.  Hopefully, as a he racks up more games his fitness and stamina will improve.

Bit off topic, but related to your comment about fitness.  That could apply to a lot of our team Sunday – they all looked knackered late in the second half which is surprising given Tim’s always talking about fitness and that was one of his criticisms of the team when he took over from Lambert.   

our wingbacks get very exposed and have to work really hard –

This happens because the wingers, Grealish/Sinclair/Gabby versus Leicester, don't get back and help out. When we are under pressure they need to work defensively like what happens in a Mourinho team. Tim's tactics seems to be just to let the attackers attack and not work back.

• Like 1

I do not think out team is strong enough to play a two man midfield. I think we need a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1. We have options for that, and we would also have the opportunity to rotate players to alleviate any fatigue problem. 

Whats wrong with a 442.  Problem solved :)

The folly of youth I suppose!  He's not the finished article yet with only 5 PL games under his belt.  Not sure 3/4 howling moments per game is fair actually, but his mistakes should reduce with experience.  One of my favourate signings for sure.

Wasn't helped at the weekend by the removal of any attacker who can take in a pass, keep it, draw in a defender and then find space by making a forward pass. (going backward or sideways killed our momentum in the second half)

Also no disgrace to be destroyed by Mahrez, they guy is having an incredible season and we were one of his victims. Would've been smarter to take him out with a non nonsense substitute but he kept bamboozling Amavi instead. Sadly for Ayew and Gestede they are nowhere near Prem level with the ball at their feet, both have a long way to go.

This guy is a liability. Constantly giving the ball away cheaply even in defence and costing goals. Another perfect example just seen. 

He might have been known for fantastic dribbling in Ligue 1 but that league is some substandard one where the players would concede hat tricks to Messi or Ronaldo every single game. Here in the Premier League it's a totally different story and he's being sussed out even before he tries anything. He's being cut out in more dribbles than not.

Looks like he's just gonna be another Bennett or that Spanish defender we just sold once again.

I think he deserve a bit of a break, he has played well at times this season and done some very good things. He does however walk a bit of a fine line, trying silly things in his own half like attempting to skin players, and he can make a pretty rash tackle at the best of times. However I still think he's a quality player with bags of potential, he just needs some good coaching when it comes to decision making...

I thought he played relatively well to be honest.  Covered our back line well, made some great tackles as well...

...however, was terrible for their goal and didn't get past his man very often when he attempted dribbles up the pitch.

Still, I think he's a good left back for us.

Not sure what you lot are watching? A couple of stray passes but made tons of interceptions, covered the whole back line by himself and did brilliant to get a cross in at the byline in the second half that obviously nobody was around to stick in.

• Like 3

Â