Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

One of the biggest lows for a professional footballer is being kept out of the team by Kieran Richardson 

For a 21 year old guy with 64 senior appearances to his name I doubt it is much of a blow for Amavi and I am sure he will get over it. Assuming he watched the games whilst warming his arse on the bench and is honest with himself then I am sure he will acknowledge that the much more experienced player that replaced him did well against Chelsea and did no worse today than he himself had done in his last half a dozen games.

• Like 1

One of the biggest lows for a professional footballer is being kept out of the team by Kieran Richardson 

For a 21 year old guy with 64 senior appearances to his name I doubt it is much of a blow for Amavi and I am sure he will get over it. Assuming he watched the games whilst warming his arse on the bench and is honest with himself then I am sure he will acknowledge that the much more experienced player that replaced him did well against Chelsea and did no worse today than he himself had done in his last half a dozen games.

Sorry but I can't agree. Against Chelsea Richardson gave the ball away needlessly and almost conceded a penalty. Today he cost us the game and contributed towards nothing going forward. Amavi has made 1 or 2 mistakes but at least he has contributed in almost every game going forward 

Sorry but I can't agree. Against Chelsea Richardson gave the ball away needlessly and almost conceded a penalty. Today he cost us the game and contributed towards nothing going forward. Amavi has made 1 or 2 mistakes but at least he has contributed in almost every game going forward 

No sorry is needed brother we are all Aston Villa fans on here, all hurting and I have zero problem with someone disagreeing with me.

I think all the lads are doing their best be it Amavi or Richardson. For me I think Amavi has looked very good going forward but suspect and off the pace defensively and I think as we are struggling badly it is not a bad decision by the manager to take an inexperienced young lad still settling out of the firing line and try to protect him a little.

I have preached on here since the start of the season that we have a decent squad just requiring time to settle and perhaps a new manager. I think I was wrong though as I don't think a change in manager or time will cure our problems and that by the time players like Amavi, Veretout, Traore, Ayew etc settle and give a consistantly high level of performance, assuming they ever get to that level, then it will be too late regardless of who is manager.

One of the best players at the club. Which is why he is dropped regularly. 

He has massive potential and has shown how good he can be at times but while he keeps making costly mistakes he won't be able to hold down a regular starting spot.

• Like 1

Enjoyed watching him in the left mid position last night. Thought he offered really good width and shouldn't have been subbed tbh. We suffered after that becoming narrow again and allowing Southampton to press us and close the spaces easier. Poor decision as I thought the formation wasn't the issue.   

time is on his side, plus he clearly has talent, but being French and worth 9mil doesn't hide the fact he's as much of defensive liability as Bennett

but hey Bale was utter pony when he first joined Spurs and I think there's a chance he might get better

He's not too bad defensively, just loses concentration at times and takes too many risks when in possession.

Joe Bennett dosen't have a clue what to do when one on one with a winger, I still shudder at his Bradford performances when Hines or someone ripped him to shreds. There is a difference.

Amavi will go on to be an excellent player in the future, probably back in France.

Â