Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I think he scores well on WhoScored because he actively looks to tackle and make interceptions.  This seems to give a really good rating.

It completely ignores that, if this fails, a right winger has free reign over our left side.

seems to have toughened up in the tackle tonight after his pulling out of a few in recent weeks

Man City are getting themselves a very tidy looking left back next season 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

He is young and learning....But I like his balance between his work attacking & defending..... could be an Ashley Cole in the making.

His concentration is good too.

I think he will be a huge talent. 

Edited by TRO

wow ..never knew he had that in his repertoire

Whoever got him from rock bottom confidence wise to that performance deserves a coach of the year award  ... hope he enjoys his limelight tonight and that he can maintain that sort of level

confusing your Jordans? ;)

• Like 1

wow ..never knew he had that in his repertoire

Whoever got him from rock bottom confidence wise to that performance deserves a coach of the year award  ... hope he enjoys his limelight tonight and that he can maintain that sort of level

confusing your Jordans? ;)

curses , thought I'd got away with it  :)

• Like 1

I think he scores well on WhoScored because he actively looks to tackle and make interceptions.  This seems to give a really good rating.

It completely ignores that, if this fails, a right winger has free reign over our left side.

Yeah, I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that when it comes to Amavi, I simply can't pay any attention to his WhoScored rating. I still think they have some use for other players, but his style of play in particular seems to break the algorithm. 

• Like 1

Whoscored ratings were officially discredited when David Luiz rated higher than Mats Hummels for the 1-7 semi-final.

Amavi is still pretty raw but his talent is so obvious. I judge full-backs primarily on defensive ability and he has the attributes to be a good defender. He reads quite well but just goes a bit naïvely 'all-in' on occasion, which I'm sure is an aspect that'll be refined in time.

• Like 1

Whoscored ratings were officially discredited when David Luiz rated higher than Mats Hummels for the 1-7 semi-final.

Amavi is still pretty raw but his talent is so obvious. I judge full-backs primarily on defensive ability and he has the attributes to be a good defender. He reads quite well but just goes a bit naïvely 'all-in' on occasion, which I'm sure is an aspect that'll be refined in time.

That's pretty funny!

I thought last night, defensively, he was excellent. He's so quick he can make that early stab at the ball to try and win it, but easily recover if he doesn't make it.

Going forward he was less good. He loses the ball quite a lot. But I think that will come with experience.

• Like 1

Â