Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

If we are going to get anywhere near the heights that Xia wants to take us to we have to keep hold of our better players.

You’ll only get one season in the Championship out of the likes of those comfortably good enough to play at a higher level though. If we don’t come up this season then they will be off regardless of what Xia is saying now.

We come up then off the back of that high I think players will want to stay and build on what we have achieved so far and buy into what we are striving to achieve going forward.

This is massive 4 weeks for us now in the transfer window. Those we bring in now will have a huge impact on those players here we want to keep going forward.

Absolutely agree with this. If we are nowhere near promotion come January I reckon Amavi and our better players will be looking to get out. Its vital we are in the mix. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah sounds easy doesn't it this owning lark - however if we are to claw our way to the top half of the prem any decade soon, we have seen from last summer that we cannot afford to have any player who is not comitted to the cause - and that goes for any new signings, if they insist on a release clause because we are a stepping stone for them then they ain't welcome in the first place. That is an ethos that this owner wants and I for one am very happy for that to happen, even if we end up with one or two sulkers along the way. Again see Berahino, it can be done. 

So IF his head was turned (meaning he was interested in the move),surely it's just best to sell, as long as our valuation is met.

Berahino is a terrible example. It's impossible to gauge but it's fair to say he was a bad influence on that team.

John Stones performances dropped off significantly after Chelsea came in, coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not.

The best we can hope for is that nobody is interested. 

It is hard enough to keep your good quality players when you're in the prem (or whatever we are calling it). 

I'd hate to lose him as I'd feel we've been robbed of his time here due to the injury, but maybe he'd already be off if that wasn't the case? 

Definitely one to fight to keep though! 

14 hours ago, Ryan. said:

No shit.

IIRC, Downing was injured when we signed him?

Risk and reward. A mid table prem team could stand a chance ATM. In six months time, the big boys could be sniffing around.

Not that I'm bothered, he's our best player.

Downing was a player with about 100 premier league games and maybe 20 England caps. complete different scenario

I'd start Bennett tomorrow and gradually bring Amavi back in. Start him at Luton and I think within 6 weeks he'll have cemented his place. If he is as good as we think we might have a few sniffs come Jan but hopefully we'll be flying high and he'll stay. 

23 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

If we are going to get anywhere near the heights that Xia wants to take us to we have to keep hold of our better players.

You’ll only get one season in the Championship out of the likes of those comfortably good enough to play at a higher level though. If we don’t come up this season then they will be off regardless of what Xia is saying now.

We come up then off the back of that high I think players will want to stay and build on what we have achieved so far and buy into what we are striving to achieve going forward.

This is massive 4 weeks for us now in the transfer window. Those we bring in now will have a huge impact on those players here we want to keep going forward.

nail on the head

24 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Gregg Evans predicted he will start tomorrow against Wednesday, i hope he knows something we don't!

I can't see that happening, he has only played a few minutes in pre-season. It would be very risky on a number of levels to chuck him straight into the action. I would go with what dn1982 says and use Bennett for now, and gradually re-introduce Amavi to build fitness and match sharpness.

Still a tiny bit worried about West Ham not yet being able to find a replacement for the injured Cresswell.

Santon failed his medical and they have had bids rejected for Olsson, Robertson and my favorite Augustinsson.

Hopefully Amavi is too pricey and they do not wan't a player who's not fully up to pace after a long injury.

Need him fit asap. Easily our best player and one that could help both defensively and offensively. Choosing Amavi or Cissokho is like choosing between Waitrose and Kwik Save. He is our only bit of real quality and plays in possibly our most desperate position. We need him back badly.

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Need him fit asap. Easily our best player and one that could help both defensively and offensively. Choosing Amavi or Cissokho is like choosing between Waitrose and Kwik Save. He is our only bit of real quality and plays in possibly our most desperate position. We need him back badly.

Like choosing emirates airways to ryanair 

Â