Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Was not able (or given the opportunity thanks to the injury) to show his quality for us last season.

But in his last season for Nice he had the highest average rating in Ligue 1 of all players, ahead of Zlatan Ibrahimovic!!!

He lead the league in interceptions, was 5th in tackles, just outside top 10 in dribbles...

Ligue 1 Player Statistics

R   Player Apps Mins Goals Assists Yel Red SpG PS% AerialsWon MotM Rating
1   Jordan AmaviNice, 22, D(L) 36 3233 4 - 11 - 0.5 74.6 3.1 8 7.74
2   Zlatan IbrahimovicParis Saint Germain, 34, AM(CR),FW 23(1) 2003 19 6 3 - 3.6 77.9 2.2 6 7.73
3   Alexandre LacazetteLyon, 25, M(CLR),FW 33 2849 27 6 6 - 2.9 78.8 1.1 8 7.69
4   Loic PerrinSaint-Etienne, 30, D(CR),M(CR) 27(1) 2438 1 - 1 - 0.5 84.3 4.3 5 7.59
5   Nicolas N'KoulouMarseille, 26, D(C),M(CR) 23(1) 2111 2 - 5 - 0.5 90.8 3.4 1 7.59
6   Nabil FekirLyon, 22, AM(C),FW 34 2776 13 9 7 - 2.6 83.8 0.6 7 7.57
7   HiltonMontpellier, 38, D(CL),DMC 37 3330 3 - 3 1 0.7 64 3.4 6 7.57
8   Dimitri PayetMarseille, 29, D(C),M(CLR),FW 35(1) 3062 7 16 3 - 2 79.1 0.1 7 7.56
9   Marco VerrattiParis Saint Germain, 23, DMC 28(4) 2460 2 8 11 - 0.4 91.4 0.3 5 7.55
10   Layvin KurzawaMonaco, 23, D(L) 25(2) 2205 - 4 1 - 1.2 77.5 1.9 6 7.54

© WhoScored
Page 1/29 | Showing 1 - 10 of 287
first
| prev
| next
| last
Edited by sne

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To be honest, should he say, I'd be keen to see him get a run in midfield. He's quick with good technique and a very good delivery. I'm not going to say he's anywhere near as good as Gareth Bale, but we could have a similar situation on our hands in the sense that we have a player who started at left back, but could excel more further up the pitch.

He started off his career as a winger and was converted to full back.

Excuse the pun but he needs to crawl before he can walk. His injury was so horrific that it's possible he won't be the same player ever again. It's possible that his speed and agility could be negatively affected, plus his general robustness in that leg. However assuming he's physically back to 100%, there's still the question of whether he's mentally going to be the same player. Will he still be keen to jump into tackles and put his foot in, will he be as aggressive?

Point being he would probably benefit from 'rebuilding' in familiar surroundings, so a season in the Championship will do him good.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Excuse the pun but he needs to crawl before he can walk. His injury was so horrific that it's possible he won't be the same player ever again. It's possible that his speed and agility could be negatively affected, plus his general robustness in that leg. However assuming he's physically back to 100%, there's still the question of whether he's mentally going to be the same player. Will he still be keen to jump into tackles and put his foot in, will he be as aggressive?

Point being he would probably benefit from 'rebuilding' in familiar surroundings, so a season in the Championship will do him good.

Totally, and I think that's why we'll manage to keep him this summer. It would be a gamble for any club which would pay enough for us to consider him leaving, but hopefully he'll be back to his best for us in the championship.

He could be a very good player for us, provided he gets back to full fitness with no ill effects from his injury. I think if he plays the full season as our first choice left back and in a new, positive and organised team he will flourish. Add to the fact he's in a lower division and we should see him improve loads. 

I certainly wouldn't want to see him go now. Time will tell of course but I think he could be a decent, good, great, super, excellent, fabulous, marvellous, fantastic, awesome, successful player for Villa* 

*please delete superlative as appropriate. 

I'll be amazed and hugely excited if he is fit and hangs around here next season. He was so far above us last season and that was in the Premier League. The thoughts of him playing in the Championship. Ugh, I feel bad for him. He deserves so so much better than what he got with this move.

• Like 3

He looked good going forward, but his defensive play certainly wasn't out of keeping with the rest of the team, unfortunately.

No doubting he could become a very good player, but he wasn't there yet, even before his injury.

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

He was so far above us last season and that was in the Premier League.

He just wasn't though...... He was one of the better players no doubt but he wasn't dropped for no reason.

I'm pretty sure his injury will be what keeps him here another season, he's not yet that big a player that other clubs will take a chance on him, they'll want to see him play a bit first. Well here's hoping anyway.

43 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

He just wasn't though...... He was one of the better players no doubt but he wasn't dropped for no reason.

Agreed. Looked good going forward at times but looked very ropey when defending.

• Like 1

I'll be amazed and hugely excited if he is fit and hangs around here next season. He was so far above us last season and that was in the Premier League. The thoughts of him playing in the Championship. Ugh, I feel bad for him. He deserves so so much better than what he got with this move.

Disagree in many ways BOF. PL players are expected to rounded and polished, as well as having the necessary quality. Amavi is neither rounded or polished and wasn't when he came in.

He was a gamble worth taking for us, but not near the finished article. His development has been stunted by injury and our poor form. He'd have suitors but whether they would satisfy our asking price and the club would satisfy his ambition is debatable.

In short, I think he'd struggle to get a move that was better than sacrificing a season in the Championship, and a soft return from a bad injury. Like has been mentioned earlier, he's still got to prove that he's the same player as he was before, physically.

I suspect in January, we may be batting them away, but for now I think he could do a lot worse than us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

He could cross though and in the modern game that's quite an important strength for a full back.

If he can hit inch perfect crosses for Gestede to rifle in he can do more with a better forward if we come up with one this summer.

Hope he stays, will be a very good player down there as long as the ACL hasn't knackered. He was also very quick so will have to see if that is an issue. 

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He could cross though and in the modern game that's quite an important strength for a full back.

If he can hit inch perfect crosses for Gestede to rifle in he can do more with a better forward if we come up with one this summer.

Hope he stays, will be a very good player down there as long as the ACL hasn't knackered. He was also very quick so will have to see if that is an issue. 

Oh I agree, bit he is massively overated by some posters on here imo 

True but you've got to remember the atrocities we've had at LB pre Amavi and post with Richardson and Bacuna there....

I'm not saying he dosen't have faults but if he'd stayed fit I think he'd be near impossible to hold onto now. Hopefully the injury will walk in our favour.

People are being harsh on his defending.  Yes he made 1 or 2 glaring errors but generally he was decent.  I think he also had the highest interceptions in the league at one stage and pretty highly ranked with tackles too.  Stats he produced in France too.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I think his fitness will keep him here for at least 6 months. very good player though and as said before he was best thing we had for Gestede who thrived on his deliveries (think he had 3 assists for him before his injury)

Â