Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Let me put it this way SGC. I think it's fair to say that no sane person on the planet would rate amavi as world class now. He simply isn't - nowhere near. 

You currently have him as 'fabulous'. Let's say he gets half way to being world class from here, what superlative will you have for him then?

We've had this discussion before.... you leave no room for superlatives. 

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Let me put it this way SGC. I think it's fair to say that no sane person on the planet would rate amavi as world class now. He simply isn't - nowhere near. 

You currently have him as 'fabulous'. Let's say he gets half way to being world class from here, what superlative will you have for him then?

We've had this discussion before.... you leave no room for superlatives. 

What's senokot got to do with this thread? Oh shit! Sorry my bad misread! I'm dwealoxyc ;-)

38 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Try excellent. Though excellent is defined as "outstanding" much like fabulous, which is defined as "extraordinary". 

It's a minefield I know.

Is "very good" acceptable?

He's none of them atm either.

Not really sure what point everyone Is trying to make tbh.

It's not daft to suggest that it's pretty ridiculous at this stage to suggest amavi is fabulous... and indeed, in a previous debate, SGC admitted that he gets carried away and overhypes players. Think it was after he said ciaran clark was an outstanding premier league defender iirc. 

Amavi has been decent, certainly in attack but his defending a lot of the times left a lot to be desired.

Certainly has a lot of potential but to call him fabulous with the potential to be world class is just completely disproportionate.

12 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Not really sure what point everyone Is trying to make tbh.

It's not daft to suggest that it's pretty ridiculous at this stage to suggest amavi is fabulous... and indeed, in a previous debate, SGC admitted that he gets carried away and overhypes players. Think it was after he said ciaran clark was an outstanding premier league defender iirc. 

Amavi has been decent, certainly in attack but his defending a lot of the times left a lot to be desired.

Certainly has a lot of potential but to call him fabulous with the potential to be world class is just completely disproportionate.

What if you called him Fabulous in a Dale Winton kind of way?

To be honest, should he say, I'd be keen to see him get a run in midfield. He's quick with good technique and a very good delivery. I'm not going to say he's anywhere near as good as Gareth Bale, but we could have a similar situation on our hands in the sense that we have a player who started at left back, but could excel more further up the pitch.

I have failed to see why people rate him so highly. He is probably better than most people we have played in his position recently but that isn't saying much. To me he has looked OK but if he wants to go and we get a decent transfer fee I won't be particularly bothered. 

• Like 1

Â