Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

On 5/14/2016 at 18:36, sir_gary_cahill said:

I know he's only played a few games for us but in my opinion, he has the potential to be world class and to be the best left back that has ever played for us. I think he is a fabulous footballer

FIFA 2016 certainly agrees! ;)

• Like 1

He's just retweeted a couple of things about him being a potential villa legend and one guy saying 'stay and I'll buy you a beer'.

I'm sure you can't read much into stuff like yet but thoight is mention it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

He's just retweeted a couple of things about him being a potential villa legend and one guy saying 'stay and I'll buy you a beer'.

I'm sure you can't read much into stuff like yet but thoight is mention it.

Just came in to post that. A positive in my mind. Looks like he may want to stick around. Will be a weapon in the Championship, a league where Lowton and Bennett have shone...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/aston-villa-star-saying-all-the-rights-things-may-actually-stay

Aston Villa star saying all the rights things, may actually stay

A year ago Jordan Amavi must have been hugely excited about the season ahead of him. Not yet signed by Aston Villa, Amavi was much wanted and several clubs approached his then club Nice. A move to the Premier League was predicted to shine a brighter light on the youngster's talents, and, whilst it was a long shot, there was the chance of making France's squad for Euro 2016. A terrible injury soon into his Aston Villa career, whilst playing for France's U21 team, ruined everything, and Amavi had to watch as his new club were relegated. Given all of that, it would be understandable if Amavi wanted to cross the last year off his CV, leave Villa and start again. That doesn't appear, at least outwardly, to be what's on his mind right now. Speaking to France Football, Amavi didn't take the opportunity to say he's looking for a way out of Aston Villa. On his move to Villa, the reason, and France disappointment, Amavi explained: "Some people thought I had hopes to go with the France team, I primarily went to England because I liked this Championship. The France team, it will come when it will come. Now I want to string together a full season." On English football, Amavi said: "The intensity of the matches and the supporters (is something good). While in Nice, I had a very nice atmosphere, in England, it is everywhere, in all levels. There is such passion from the first to the last minute... For me, this is the best Championship, all the matches are great to play. I adapted well, too bad it did not last long this season. But I have no regrets having signed there."

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 16:36, sir_gary_cahill said:

I know he's only played a few games for us but in my opinion, he has the potential to be world class and to be the best left back that has ever played for us. I think he is a fabulous footballer

Ha ha what bollocks. Right up there with your Ethan Moore prediction. I knew alot of people would forget just how bad this guy was at defending when he played for us at the start of the season. He was at fault for a goal pretty much every game he played. Of course people forget this and remember the fact that he is good getting forward and full of energy. He needs to sort out his positioning and improve his defending if he is going to make it as a premier league player, never mind world class (whatever that means). I'll give him a pass for now given that Sherwood was the manager when he was playing so god knows what BS tactics/training (if any) he got. A compotent manager might be able to get him defending better as part of a unit rather than just running all over the place.  

Edited by villa89

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Ha ha what bollocks. Right up there with your Ethan Moore prediction. I knew alot of people would forget just how bad this guy was at defending when he played for us at the start of the season. He was at fault for a goal pretty much every game he played. Of course people forget this and remember the fact that he is good getting forward and full of energy. He needs to sort out his positioning and improve his defending if he is going to make it as a premier league player, never mind world class (whatever that means). I'll give him a pass for now given that Sherwood was the manager when he was playing so god knows what BS tactics/training (if any) he got. A compotent manager might be able to get him defending better as part of a unit rather than just running all over the place.  

I think you've overlooked the word "potential" in SGC's post.

• Like 2

he sounds very level headed and like a kid who just wants to play football, he'll get a better chance here than anywhere else thats for sure

can remember his debut (i think) vs swindon in pre season, you could see him grinning ear to ear at the villa fans making a racket and there was only a few hundred of us, i think he'll get a right buzz next season when we travel in numbers to away games and take over places and make some noise

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

There are some press reports we may loan him to a Turkish club in view of coming straight up so we don't have to sell him. I would prefer promise until January and if we are nowhere near promotion then give him opportunity to leave. 

If we can keep him, Adama and grealish I think we have a very good chance of going up

I would think that if he's loaned out he will get to retain his PL salary, and not the reduced salary as per his relegation clause (if he has one that is).

Hopefully Dr. X will be able to look at the salary reductions of players RDM wants to keep but need persuading to stay. If we can convince Amavi, Ayew, Adama and Gana that the bigger picture is rosy, maybe we can hold on to them. 

Just now, StanBalaban said:

I would think that if he's loaned out he will get to retain his PL salary, and not the reduced salary as per his relegation clause (if he has one that is).

Hopefully Dr. X will be able to look at the salary reductions of players RDM wants to keep but need persuading to stay. If we can convince Amavi, Ayew, Adama and Gana that the bigger picture is rosy, maybe we can hold on to them. 

I'd be ok with Gana leaving, but would be over the moon if we can have Amavi, Traore and Ayew in our first 11 next season - them 3 on fire would be too much for any team in the division including NUFC.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'd be ok with Gana leaving, but would be over the moon if we can have Amavi, Traore and Ayew in our first 11 next season - them 3 on fire would be too much for any team in the division including NUFC.

Add Gestede to that and the league will be ours <_<

On 14/05/2016 at 16:36, sir_gary_cahill said:

I know he's only played a few games for us but in my opinion, he has the potential to be world class and to be the best left back that has ever played for us. 

On 14/05/2016 at 16:36, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is a fabulous footballer

Which one is it? 

Is he a fabulous footballer or has the potential?

To call him fabulous at this stage, is indeed up there with your usual over hyping of players.

Potential - I agree with but he's got one hell of a long way to go. Defensively, he wasn't great at all.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Amavi, Traore and Ayew in our first 11 next season - them 3 on fire would be too much for any team in the division including NUFC.

Based on what?

We don't even know if they are capable of being on fire yet your predicting that them being on fire would tear a league apart.

11 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Which one is it? 

Is he a fabulous footballer or has the potential?

To call him fabulous at this stage, is indeed up there with your usual over hyping of players.

Potential - I agree with but he's got one hell of a long way to go. Defensively, he wasn't great at all.

Currently, I think he is fabulous footballer with the potential to be world class, let's hope the injury hasn't held him back too much

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Currently, I think he is fabulous footballer with the potential to be world class, let's hope the injury hasn't held him back too much

The difference between fabulous and world class can't be that great surely?

11 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Based on what?

We don't even know if they are capable of being on fire yet your predicting that them being on fire would tear a league apart.

Fair to say that Ayew demonstrated enough quality last season to suggest that the Championship would be a walk in the park for him. He's easily good enough to play in the premier league so should be a top player in the championship.

Adama showed enough in his appearances, especially against Palace, Sunderland and Arsenal, to suggest that he would be a quality player in the championship. It's a shite league, I seriously doubt most defences will deal with his pace and dribbling ability.

• Like 2

Â