Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

France’s medical team are optimistic the injury is not as bad as first feared after he went down making a challenge in the second half. He went to hospital and the Under-21 coach Pierre Mankowski insisted it is too early to tell if Amavi’s season is over.

He said after the game: “The first information that we have available is that it is a knee sprain. We don’t know yet if the ligaments are ruptured. It’s too soon to say that.”

Should the injury be serious it would be a major blow to the new manager Rémi Garde.

The 21-year-old defender joined Villa from Nice in the summer as part of Tim Sherwood’s summer rebuilding but Garde replaced Sherwood earlier this month with Villa bottom of the Premier League.

Amavi has made 12 appearances and was recalled by Garde for his first game in charge as Villa drew 0-0 with Manchester City to end a run of seven straight defeats last Sunday.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/13/jordan-amavi-aston-villa-injury 

Edited by sexbelowsound

That article says nothing of note.  It starts with 'optimistic' and then says it's too soon to know if the ligaments are ruptured.  Eh yeah, thanks, let's wait and see then :)

If and i say if his season is over then ashley cole is the replacement didnt garde play in same team as cole surely the ex arsenal factor would be the only way hed come to us. Give him contract till end of season richardson not upto it at all.

Just checked left season before cole started

Edited by villan501

I think I'd rather have Zog at left back than Richardson.  Good news that they think it might not be as bad as it looked, though it did look like he'd almost had his leg decapitated so it's all relative and it still could be very nasty.  Fingers crossed for him that it's a few months rather than a year or more.

I had a slight tear to my ACL a few years back. 4 months off work :/ Lets hope we have a young lad who can fill in until January as I have no hope in Richardson.

What does it feel like? How long before you could walk properly on it?

I had a slight tear to my ACL a few years back. 4 months off work :/ Lets hope we have a young lad who can fill in until January as I have no hope in Richardson.

I ruptured mine flipping a golf cart :D and my 19 stone mate landing on my leg. I finished the round of golf playing the best I ever have. I just thought i'd twisted my knee and after a lot of swelling and several days limping I got over it and thought nothing of it. Over the next year or so every so often my knee buckled probably in a direction similar to Amavi, which again resulted in some swelling and a few days limping, eventually I thought I better get it checked out.

Cissokho recalled? Joe Bennett recalled?

No-one actually knows whether they can be or not.

But we do know that neither of them are registered, or can be added before the first of January, to the squad. So even if we can and did recall them they wouldn't be available for league games until then anyway.

I ruptured mine flipping a golf cart :D and my 19 stone mate landing on my leg. I finished the round of golf playing the best I ever have. I just thought i'd twisted my knee and after a lot of swelling and several days limping I got over it and thought nothing of it. Over the next year or so every so often my knee buckled probably in a direction similar to Amavi, which again resulted in some swelling and a few days limping, eventually I thought I better get it checked out.

did you nearly break 100 or only nearly break your leg?

Edited by Grasshopper

Looked like a dislocated knee, which causes damages to the ligaments. I had it happen to me a few times, took an operation and some physio work to stop it re occurring.  If his ACL isn't damaged then i would say 8 weeks - 10 weeks.

Play Richards at LB........:o

Richardson can do a job and we have Crespo, Cissokho and Bennett.  There are more important players that could have suffered injuries.

Still hope he has a quick recovery. its a definite blow to us

Â