Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Recall on Bennett or Cissokho not an option...

"Neither Bennett nor Cissokho were included in Aston Villa's 25-man squad in September and that likely precludes them from joining the club now. From the Premier League's 2015-16 handbook comes this:

U.1 A Player shall not play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his registration (which shall include, in the circumstances set out in Rules U.3 and U.12, confirmation that he is eligible to play for it) with effect from at least 75 minutes before kick-off and for League Matches to be played between the close of the First Transfer Window and the end of the Season either: 
U.1.1. his name is included on the Squad List; or 
U.1.2. he is an Under 21 Player

A little further down we do get this:

U.6. Changes to a Squad List may be made:
U.6.1. during the period of a Transfer Window; or
U.6.2. at other times only with the permission of the Board

So there is the tiniest glimmer of hope in U.6.2, but historically, exemption to the squad list has been reserved for goalkeeper situations. That's not what Villa have, obviously. Don't get caught up on that, we're not going to get it."

In the case of Bennett this is works out fine because his loan ends in January anyway. Can't come soon enough. Maybe he'll actually develop into the decent player buried somewhere deep within with a run of games.

Its a good point about the squad registration, although not the end of the world. We have to ride it out for 6 weeks with what we have namely Richardson or Kinsella or even Crespo/Clark/Lescott/Nzogbia.

Baker and Cissokho went on season long loans so with them it's whether they have that recall option I suppose. Bennett's loan finishes on the 1st January, on the 1st Jan we can make 3 changes to the squad. So for any of them to be included from Jan onwards we'd have to remove someone on the current squad list to make space. We could also go out and buy or loan an U21 replacement for Amavi who could join us on the 1st Jan and wouldn't need registering.

• Like 1

I'd say his knee ligaments are ruptured too looking at that, I don't think we will see him again this season and possibly not the beginning of next season

Sadly, this is my fear too. Gutted. 

I'm no doctor but I'd imagine it is very hard to disclocate a knee and not cause liagment damage. With or without disclocation my money would be on at least an ACL rupture :(

Don't understand the anger about him playing in this game. It was a qualifier and any player worth their salt has done their time with their international U21 side. Could just as easily happened last Sunday or in training.

Yep, it's just one of those things that happens from time to time. Every team has its share of injuries and you have to be able to cope with the loss of players. Hopefully the lad can make it back for the start of next season.

Its not that he was playing because you can get injured in training and be out for a year its just the fact that you have the feeling that under Garde he would have been one of the ones that you'd bet good money on flourishing as the season went on. Its just very hard to take no matter what game he was playing it when it occurred.

• Like 1

Don't understand the anger about him playing in this game. It was a qualifier and any player worth their salt has done their time with their international U21 side. Could just as easily happened last Sunday or in training.

I think it's more just blind anger to be honest.  It's incredibly gutting :(

Joint worst I've ever felt about an injury along with Benteke's ruptured achilles.

• Like 1

The anger isn't at anyone in particular.  It's just at the fact that we can't catch a break at the moment in our situation (unfortunate choice of words maybe).  Plus the fact it has happened to one of our brightest talents and one of the players who would have been pivotal.  You're right that it could have happened anywhere and at any time.  But regardless of that, it has happened and now we're one major player down.  That's enough to be fairly pissed off.

Anyone else think his playing style is really unorthodox? Like even in that clip of his injury, the tackle he makes, it's strange that he goes for that with his right foot. Not that it makes him any less of player, it's just weird on the eye.

Hutton has proved he can do a job at LB, would then be down to whether Remi fancies Bacuna as an RB. I'd much rather those two at FB than Richardson in the lineup though.

Or maybe Hutton LB, Crespo at RB and keep Bacuna for midfield?

Edited by Tom13

Little bit off topic, but when a player gets injured on international duty, do the country's FA ever provide compensation to the player's club?

Obviously this has incident has triggered that thought, but it does seem somewhat unfair to the club. 

Back on Amavi, fingers are very much crossed that his recovery is swift and he's soon back on the path to becoming the player we all hope he can become.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Yes there is compensation when a player is injured on international duty.  I don't know if it's for every injury or whether it's triggered by an absence over a certain time length but I'd imagine Amavi's injury will probably tick all of those boxes.  Not that it brings him back or gets us another left back, but I'd say the FFF will be coughing up something for us over this FWIW.

• Like 1

Â