Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I think it's reasonable to suggest based on his leg going in an unnatural direction at the knee that it is a dislocation. 

I guess we're just hoping that whatever damage that caused to his ligaments is minimal. 

In the  picture where he is being helped off his knee cap doesn't look out of place and his leg looks in a natural position.  

Recall on Bennett or Cissokho not an option...

"Neither Bennett nor Cissokho were included in Aston Villa's 25-man squad in September and that likely precludes them from joining the club now. From the Premier League's 2015-16 handbook comes this:

U.1 A Player shall not play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his registration (which shall include, in the circumstances set out in Rules U.3 and U.12, confirmation that he is eligible to play for it) with effect from at least 75 minutes before kick-off and for League Matches to be played between the close of the First Transfer Window and the end of the Season either: 
U.1.1. his name is included on the Squad List; or 
U.1.2. he is an Under 21 Player

A little further down we do get this:

U.6. Changes to a Squad List may be made:
U.6.1. during the period of a Transfer Window; or
U.6.2. at other times only with the permission of the Board

So there is the tiniest glimmer of hope in U.6.2, but historically, exemption to the squad list has been reserved for goalkeeper situations. That's not what Villa have, obviously. Don't get caught up on that, we're not going to get it."

I think it's reasonable to suggest based on his leg going in an unnatural direction at the knee that it is a dislocation. 

I guess we're just hoping that whatever damage that caused to his ligaments is minimal. 

In the  picture where he is being helped off his knee cap doesn't look out of place and his leg looks in a natural position.  

I'm not sure his leg does go in an unnatural direction. I think it goes in a normal direction, but because the knee is dislocated, it LOOKS like his leg is going sideways, if that makes sense.

I may just be clutching at straws, but I think it's possible, if unlikely, that it was "just" a dislocation.

Recall on Bennett or Cissokho not an option...

"Neither Bennett nor Cissokho were included in Aston Villa's 25-man squad in September and that likely precludes them from joining the club now. From the Premier League's 2015-16 handbook comes this:

U.1 A Player shall not play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his registration (which shall include, in the circumstances set out in Rules U.3 and U.12, confirmation that he is eligible to play for it) with effect from at least 75 minutes before kick-off and for League Matches to be played between the close of the First Transfer Window and the end of the Season either: 
U.1.1. his name is included on the Squad List; or 
U.1.2. he is an Under 21 Player

A little further down we do get this:

U.6. Changes to a Squad List may be made:
U.6.1. during the period of a Transfer Window; or
U.6.2. at other times only with the permission of the Board

So there is the tiniest glimmer of hope in U.6.2, but historically, exemption to the squad list has been reserved for goalkeeper situations. That's not what Villa have, obviously. Don't get caught up on that, we're not going to get it."

In the case of Bennett this is works out fine because his loan ends in January anyway. Can't come soon enough. Maybe he'll actually develop into the decent player buried somewhere deep within with a run of games.

I'm not sure his leg does go in an unnatural direction. I think it goes in a normal direction, but because the knee is dislocated, it LOOKS like his leg is going sideways, if that makes sense.

I may just be clutching at straws, but I think it's possible, if unlikely, that it was "just" a dislocation.

I hope you're right. I could only stomach watching it twice, not because i'm squeamish but because I was furious.

Â