Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

9 months seems to be standard ACL recovery time. Could see him start the season next year.

I think that's normal for you and me but for a professional athlete I'm not so sure, also this isn't a tear, it's a complete rupture. I live in hope though! He seems like the character to look after himself and work his socks off in recovery so you never know.

2 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Slightly off topic but surgeons have stated for quite some time that boots with circular studs reduce the chances of ACL injuries as blades tend to slide whereas studs will dig into the turf more firmly.

interesting but I'm not convinced, the blades on a boot are all at different angles so while one blade might slice through the turf there will be another perpendicular providing the opposite effect (bigger surface area, more grip). Also in the video it looks as though the boot getting stuck is the problem, forcing the lower half of his leg in the opposite direction to the femur.

Exactly what I was thinking. The issue with that injury seems to be his foot stays planted whilst the rest of his body carries on twisting due to the momentum. Could well have been better if his boots had less grip if anything.

Big shame though, for us and for him. Hopefully Rémi  has a good plan.

Oh well at least we will get to keep hold of him when we go down 

Sherwood has royally **** us this season by loaning out both Cissokho and Bennett leaving us with Kieran Richardson

Edited by AshVilla

Really fear for us now. Arguably our best attacking threat.

It is an unfortunate one, but I don't see why he's gone in for a tackle like that. It's poor defending tbh. Doesn't need to make the challenge.

Part n parcel of the game I suppose but yeah the little hope I had after the city game, has now vanished.

Haha, because so many people were moaning about Sherwood loaning Cissokho and Bennett when it happened weren't they.

They're both shite. I doubt he was hardly thinking oh I best keep Cissokho just in case I get replaced by a manager who he played well under.

Just now, AshVilla said:

Quite a few were actually questioning why we loaned out Cissokho and not Richardson a few days after he went and a few months before Amavi even got injured

Fair enough.

It was probably because nobody wanted Richardson. Plus tbh, he was solid at end of last season. Brilliant in the semi final.

The point is that you can't really prepare for stuff like this. You're always going to have weaker squad members and let's be honest

(Take away the fact he's played for Garde), would anybody actually be happy to have Cissokho in the team?

Â