Micah Richards

Demitri_C

For what it's worth (against a poor Forest attack) he looked good today.  Always wanted to intercept the ball/play it vs. an attacker which might lead him to being caught out of position, but he seems to command at the back.

I think he'll be a big plus this season.

I don't get it. I think he's looked pretty solid. It's also pre season and our defence has 2 new players. A defence works as a unit, its going to take time for them to become one.

I have a feeling this thread will be the one bumped after every loss.

Agreed, his card has already been marked.

We have got our scapegoat for the season. Happy Days.

Darren Bent for you last year wasn't it?

• Like 1

For what it's worth (against a poor Forest attack) he looked good today.  Always wanted to intercept the ball/play it vs. an attacker which might lead him to being caught out of position, but he seems to command at the back.

His defending for the first goal was Sunday league stuff and he did again a few minutes later, he just let his man run into box. He has been a liability imo and would be better suited at right back where a centre back could cover him because he can cause problems bombing forward. 

His defending for the first goal was Sunday league stuff and he did again a few minutes later, he just let his man run into box. He has been a liability imo and would be better suited at right back where a centre back could cover him because he can cause problems bombing forward. 

The first goal was overall bizarre++ - no **** idea what happened.  I agree that we looked shaky, and Richards was a part of this, but he contained Antonio (Forest's greatest threat imo... and, also, absolute player) from then on.

Agree that he's a more natural right back but not convinced he actually did much wrong today.

For what it's worth (against a poor Forest attack) he looked good today. Always wanted to intercept the ball/play it vs. an attacker which might lead him to being caught out of position, but he seems to command at the back.

The first goal was overall bizarre++ - no **** idea what happened. I agree that we looked shaky, and Richards was a part of this, but he contained Antonio (Forest's greatest threat imo... and, also, absolute player) from then on.

Agree that he's a more natural right back but not convinced he actually did much wrong today.

Well as soon as you watch the highlights from today you will see it. He tried to tackle his man outside the box and missed it and then just let him run into the box unmarked for an easy goal and the very same thing happened a few minutes later only they didnt punish us that time. He also got done stuck on his heels for the first goal vs Wolves the other night.

I think he does "attract" criticism but then there are reasons for that.

I've only seen the Wolves game so far so can only judge on that. In that game in general I thought he was very good, a beast aerially and very quick across the ground it is easy to see why many in the game want him at CB. For me he was at fault for 1st goal in that game though he was injured a few minutes prior and was visibly wincing as he walked. Maybe he should have been taken off I don't know but he certainly lost his man.

In general I think he can be a big asset for us my worry is that he is clearly having to "learn" the CB position. After watching Clark and Baker go through that process in the last four years it is painful to watch in what is a merciless PL. Maybe his experience of the league more generally will get him up to speed quicker. I hope so!

If it was up to me I'd have him RB and bring in another or even Okore when fit to play alongside Clark.

The guy is no CB. That much is clear. Really not looking forward to seeing us concede stupid goals again next season, and I very much suspect a lot of them will be Richards fault.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Having watched it at the ground and now off the highlights, he was at fault for their opener.

For once, a week headed clearance but then got caught in two minds whether to close down the ball or stick with his player.

He did neither and the ball wasn't closed down and played into Richards man who's run into acres of space to slot in.

Other than that (crucial) mistake Richards had a good game at cb.

These errors can be and will be ironed out.

Fwiw he was a disaster playing out wide in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 for Fiorentina when Montella took over.

He was soo bad he got benched for most of the season. Bad with his feet and caught out of position, not tracking back when going on attacking runs.

Hopefully he'll be more comfortable in a back 4, but he isn't the finished article at RB either

It'll be interesting to see how long Tim sticks with him if the errors that have happened every preseason game happen in say 4 of the first 8 matches.

Hopefully he'll dominate and we won't have to worry, but he's not impressed me thus far. Vlaar would getting plenty of stick if he'd played like this in warm ups.

I'm hoping a lot of our performances this pre-season have been down to Sherwood reminding them that none of the matches matter in the slightest. Hopefully when it actually matters Richards and co. will be more alert and on top of things.. 

Fwiw he was a disaster playing out wide in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 for Fiorentina when Montella took over.

He was soo bad he got benched for most of the season. Bad with his feet and caught out of position, not tracking back when going on attacking runs.

Hopefully he'll be more comfortable in a back 4, but he isn't the finished article at RB either

To me he was a highly promising teenager, who never lived up to that reputation. ......and thats full back as well as center back. Really don't get why we went for him.

Â