Micah Richards

Demitri_C

I don't get it. I think he's looked pretty solid. It's also pre season and our defence has 2 new players. A defence works as a unit, its going to take time for them to become one.

I have a feeling this thread will be the one bumped after every loss.

• Like 1

Struggling to see the point of this signing TBH.

We look terribly short of quality at CB, and were showing little sign of any more incoming in this position. Really wish we had got James Chester.

Struggling to see the point of signing Micah Richards? Really??

Even if he doesn't work at centre half surely he is one of the best right backs around!?

Hes decent, but nowhere near one of the best RBs around lmao

We look terribly short of quality at CB, and were showing little sign of any more incoming in this position. Really wish we had got James Chester.

Even if he doesn't work at centre half surely he is one of the best right backs around!?

Hes decent, but nowhere near one of the best RBs around lmao

Ok I should have said one of the best right backs around that we could accept to buy!

Am I the only one who thought he was solid tonight? Dominated in the air, far less bombing forward as well.

I thought he was Ok and very good in the air. He needs to focus on his job Though and stop with these crazy meandering runs - just give to someone else.

Those runs are exactly why he was benched at Fiorentina.

Or so I was told when I asked around on some of their forums. He had a habit of joining the attack but then not tracking back, leaving them a man short in defense.

Really hope Sherwood deals with this asap

• Like 1

Haha is he balls.

• Like 1

Didn't look good at all for Wolves' two goals. Looked like he was lost and then got upset at the people around him.

Agreed, I don't know what others are seeing. For all his athleticism, which of course is impressive in its own right, I'm more alerted to the fact that he is positionally poor and makes far too many silly runs out of defence, leaving himself badly out of position. 

We definitely need to sign a centre half to go straight into the first team, Richards won't be the answer.

• Like 1

Haha is he balls.

After the shit we have had to watch for the past 4 years you are calling Richards balls! Wow.

Haha is he balls.

After the shit we have had to watch for the past 4 years you are calling Richards balls! Wow.

Over the last 4 years, for example I think Vlaar was better than Richards will ever be at CB. - The total amount of his wages £65k a week is a staggering investment for a pacy player who looked promising when he was 19 - but recent years hasn't been able to get a game.

We need another CB badly.....

• Like 1

I don't get it. I think he's looked pretty solid. It's also pre season and our defence has 2 new players. A defence works as a unit, its going to take time for them to become one.

I have a feeling this thread will be the one bumped after every loss.

Agreed, his card has already been marked.

We have got our scapegoat for the season. Happy Days.

• Like 1

He hasn't looked great at CB; suspect positioning coupled with a tendancy to run too high up the pitch has caused a goal scoring oppourtunity against us in every preseason game I've watched him feature in. And has been previously mentioned, yes a defence is a unit, hence why one of the players being out of position is so costly; a chain is only as strong as its weakest link as they say.

How anyone who's watched the games so far and isn't even slightly concerned is pretty much baffling to me and making observations to weakness of his game isn't making him a scapegoat, its stating facts. 

Edited by penguin
  • Like 2

I haven't seen any of the pre-season at all but I too would hope he moves to RB when Okore is fit again. 

If he can't help himself with the bursts forward then whoever is holding midfielder is going to have to be more aware and just drop in at the back briefly whilst he goes off on one. Plenty of defenders do it, Jones, Smalling, Terry all like a random burst forward now and again, it's not a big deal so long as someone just drops back briefly. I'd much rather he just passed to a midfielder to set off an attack though instead.

I'm glad we've signed him but that was me assuming he was coming in at RB. I haven't really seen him at CB so I'll reserve judgement until 4/5 games into the season at least.

Â