Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Disaster waiting to happen at centre half I'm afraid. Terrific athlete but poor defender lacking positional sense, he also has a ridiculous habit of emerging out of the defence with the ball and then remaining out of position some time after. 

A quality centre half is definitely required.

Not even August and already being wrote off.

I will put it down to people being bored on a Saturday and just wanting something to moan about.

Another typical day on VT.

The problem is, he will need to learn very quickly. It's not like he is a 20 year old coming into the team in defence who we could certainly say he needs time. This is a 28 (?) year old, who seems to have a rush of blood, runs out of defence, gets caught in position, allows gaps to appear... 

If he needs to learn, it needs to be very quickly.

The problem is, he will need to learn very quickly. It's not like he is a 20 year old coming into the team in defence who we could certainly say he needs time. This is a 28 (?) year old, who seems to have a rush of blood, runs out of defence, gets caught in position, allows gaps to appear... 

True and that is the case for a lot of the new signings. 

True and that is the case for a lot of the new signings. 

Yep, the only issue is he is learning a new position (well, he has played there before) and he needs to be up to speed. Unlike other signings who are coming in and playing their natural position. 

Am I the only one who thought he was solid tonight? Dominated in the air, far less bombing forward as well.

I thought he was Ok and very good in the air. He needs to focus on his job Though and stop with these crazy meandering runs - just give to someone else.

Still getting caught out of position by being too high up the pitch, his pace does get him out of trouble but hopefully will be a bit more conservative about bombing forward when the real games start.

• Like 1

Still getting caught out of position by being too high up the pitch, his pace does get him out of trouble but hopefully will be a bit more conservative about bombing forward when the real games start.

Yep I think that is how I see it. I also hope he stops bombing forward.

I don't get the serious concern. Our defence has been a shambles the last 3 years. I don't see any way that's its as shambolic this year 

I agree, we have a much better LB this year and Okore still to come back. Ok vlaar has gone but lets not go on like he has been amazing and wasn't prone to the odd rick. I'm sure once Bournemouth is here there won't be no drifting off into midfield. I think he's a great signing and will get better in the role if indeed he stays at CB. Plus for the first time in a while I don't think we will be carrying any passengers in the team at all this season, I think the expectation from Sherwood and co will ensure it.

Didn't look good at all for Wolves' two goals. Looked like he was lost and then got upset at the people around him.

Exactly this...I posted in the match thread that he kept throwing his arms in the air (wave um like ya just don't care) when something didn't go his way, like a stray pass or being out of position like it was someone else's fault.

I'm willing to see how he goes but 10 games in if he's still iffy he needs to be moved to rightback.

Struggling to see the point of this signing TBH.

We look terribly short of quality at CB, and were showing little sign of any more incoming in this position. Really wish we had got James Chester.

Struggling to see the point of this signing TBH.

We look terribly short of quality at CB, and were showing little sign of any more incoming in this position. Really wish we had got James Chester.

Struggling to see the point of signing Micah Richards? Really??

Even if he doesn't work at centre half surely he is one of the best right backs around!?

Â