Micah Richards

Demitri_C

What has he done so wrong in the last two friendlies?

He's still learning about his team mates and i think he looks ok next to Clark.

When the rest of the team is assembled and playing together I think he'll be alright.

• Like 1

I didn't really want him in the first place and it all sounds very 'meh' so far. In his defence, though, he's barely played any football for (2? 3?) years so doubtless he's going to take time to get up to speed. 

• Like 1

I'm worried about this guy. He seems a decent character and everything but it look like he's just going to walk in and be the captain.

Sherwood also seems to think he's a CB. He ain't.

I was worried at how many times he was pulled out of position. A couple of times today he was bypassed attempting to make interceptions, he reminded me of the exercise clubs practice before a game where there is a chap in the middle of a circle chasing the ball. If Walsall can bypass him he's in for a long season.

What has he done so wrong in the last two friendlies?

He's still learning about his team mates and i think he looks ok next to Clark.

When the rest of the team is assembled and playing together I think he'll be alright.

Getting used to your team mates does not account for poor positioning IMO, there were times when he was 20 yards in front of the defence when Walsall were attacking. 

I'm worried about this guy. He seems a decent character and everything but it look like he's just going to walk in and be the captain.

Sherwood also seems to think he's a CB. He ain't.

I was worried at how many times he was pulled out of position. A couple of times today he was bypassed attempting to make interceptions, he reminded me of the exercise clubs practice before a game where there is a chap in the middle of a circle chasing the ball. If Walsall can bypass him he's in for a long season.

I think he'll be fine at RB FWIW, sooner he gets moved there the better.

He was good today I thought, won plenty in the air and comfortably won the battle against Bradshaw who's one of the better strikers in league one.

However in a few of their one v one duels he just used his physical strength to get ahead...that's not always going to work at premier league level so we'll see.

From what I remember of him at City he was brilliant at RB before he got injured and lost his place to Zabaleta, which there is no shame in. So I'm not really understanding this move to CB, especially as from what I've seen he loves to bomb forward which isn't really a CB trait I'd look for. I could see him and Amavi being a real menace as marauding fullbacks, I hope it happens.

He’s also looked OK to me so far and hasn't done much wrong, apart from those runs he likes that look great until he loses the ball and we get exposed.  I still think it is too early to judge, he needs more time to develop an understanding with Clark and we need to see him tested  against premier opposition.  I do think he will have to be careful about conceding fouls in the box.  He’s such a powerful unit.  I can see fast and slight forwards winning penalties against him if he’s not careful. 

Like others, I would quite like him at RB but I suspect Tim currently thinks Bacuna and Hutton can do that job, with Micah strengthening the centre.  If he moves him to RB what happens to Bacuna and Hutton; please don’t say right midfield!  Would be interesting to see what happens if they do buy another CB, but I get the feeling that isn’t going to happen this window.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Not even August and already being wrote off.

I will put it down to people being bored on a Saturday and just wanting something to moan about.

Or maybe people haven't been that impressed with certain aspects of his game, especially in regards to him playing at CB (hence the popular opinion he'd be better at RB, from what we've seen), so are discussing this. You know, the whole point of a forum.

What happened to the 3-5-2 loads were going on about, we have attacking FBs now.

That's the only way imo Richards could work centrally, bring the ball out from the back and still have two central defenders behind him.

It's a big risk him doing that in a flat back 4 with the FBs also getting forward, leaves us exposed if he loses it.

He is a tank,thought he dealt with the aerial balls well today but looks abit rusty cant see no reason for him to be a failure though woth Okore/Clarke at the back.

Â