Micah Richards

Demitri_C

No wonder he's captain.  Barking orders from the outset and keeping everyone on their toes.

He's a figurehead of our new defence (even if he ends up at RB) in that all of them defend on the front foot and look to intercept the ball and start an attack immediately.  He made a couple of errors today, but otherwise was good.  Brought the ball out of defence well, and showed he can pass too.

Good start!

Forgot to mention that. Really enjoyed seeing a proper captain in our team again!

Interested to see how he does versus Man United.

Puts himself under pressure by being out of position, then does some do or die defending to recover.

Not a criticism, just think that's how he plays the game.

Yep, reminds me too much of Richard Dunne in that sense.

Probably who he learned it from ;)

He looked good today. Really commanding. He had his work cut out as well as on a number of occasions he had to cover for Bacuna who went missing and is overall poor defensively. Against United I would bring Hutton back in as otherwise Young will have a field day.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

A few times he messed up but made some great tackles at times too. Not sure he's going to fare so well against good strikers in the prem.

Where were his few? I'm intrigued, I just watched the game and saw 1 where Gosling nicked the ball off him. If it weren't for that I had him MOTM.

Edit - actually, MOTM regardless.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

A few times he messed up but made some great tackles at times too. Not sure he's going to fare so well against good strikers in the prem.

Where were his few? I'm intrigued, I just watched the game and saw 1 where Gosling nicked the ball off him. If it weren't for that I had him MOTM.

Have to agree. All this talk of constantly out of position and mistakes seems to be stuff people are creating rather than what actually happened.

He was a bit erratic during the first 30 mins, my only fault. Overall very good debut though.

He was a bit erratic during the first 30 mins, my only fault. Overall very good debut though.

Only if you think Martin Laursen was also erratic.

IMO ;)

Before today I thought that he was a fish out of water being CB, when his strengths are suited to RB, but he nailed it. There was a couple of errors (the one with Gosling was one that sticks in the mind) but he's settling in to a new position, in a new team, after having not played in England for quite a while.

I think he was MOTM today, and could've nicked a goal of Rudy hadn't got to it first!

Its not a new position, he was always a CB playing RB.

Ah, I had no idea he used to play CB? I always thought he was an RB at Citeh, and for England.

Edit: or do you mean that his skills were always suited to being a CB, but he was never played there before?

Either way, I thought he played great today. To get him on a free was a fantastic bit of business.

Edited by alreadyexists

Ah, I had no idea he used to play CB? I always thought he was an RB at Citeh, and for England.

Edit: or do you mean that his skills were always suited to being a CB, but he was never played there before?

Either way, I thought he played great today. To get him on a free was a fantastic bit of business.

No, he used to play CB for City alongside Dunne then got moved to RB then lost his place to Zabaleta.

He always looked more like a CB than a RB, got the physical attributes. IMO a good fullback needs to be quick, agile, a high work rate and good crosses (Unless you're Maldini). None of that comes to mind when I see Micah TBH.

At CB on the other hand, a beast is what you want.

Edited by norwegianvillain

No, he used to play CB for City alongside Dunne then got moved to RB then lost his place to Zabaleta.

Ah, I'd forgotten/didn't know that in the first place! Every day's a school day.

Fair point Trent, but having played the majority of the last few years at RB it's fair to say he is still lacking a lot of top flight experience at CB, almost like having to learn his trade again.

I think he lacks a little discipline at the moment but hopefully that will come, he certainly has all the attributes I think.

Â