Carles Gil

bose

Apparently doesn’t want to play in the Championship. Perhaps he really means he’s just had enough of us.  Either way it’s disappointing. 

I sort of hoped he might be one of the players a proper manager could use (even if it meant loaning him out while we’re in the Championship), but if he doesn’t want to be here then that’s the end of that.

If he didn't want to play in the Championship then why dump us there. Not one of last season's players has the right to turn their nose up at where we are because they put us there and - if given the chance - they should get us out.

Personally, I think Gil is a lightweight nothing who lives off a couple of decent goals and that is it !

• Like 1

Shame really. He'd be very good at that level I imagine.

If he's not willing to play at that level he might be hard pressed to find a club given last season's performances.

I think Betis would be a good move for him, as would any mid-range Spanish team.  Shame agents don't shut up as I think Gil has never complained about the way he was treated for a long time he was here and tried his best to spark attacks when he played.  Just not really physically up to English football.  Having said that, Di Matteo might rate him and want to keep him.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think Betis would be a good move for him, as would any mid-range Spanish team.  Shame agents don't shut up as I think Gil has never complained about the way he was treated for a long time he was here and tried his best to spark attacks when he played.  Just not really physically up to English football.  Having said that, Di Matteo might rate him and want to keep him.

This.

Exactly this!

Why there are agents I will never understand!

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

But if it's true he "doesn't want " to play in the Championship I would expect RDM to ship him out sharpish. I seem to be in a minority in rating Gil, with better players around him he would shine IMO. But we need everyone to be totally committed to the cause first and foremost.

good riddance then..the guy was way out of his league in the premiership im sorry,he couldnt keep a ball to save his life..kept getting knocked off balls constantly..a light weight.i for one will not miss him

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Like 1

I am a little disappointed with this. Always thought he had more about him, just was never given a full opportunity by any of the managers. Given he was the last Lambert manager and we have had 3 since then I am not surprised he wants to move. Maybe RDM can convince him otherwise if he wants but if there are La Liga teams wanting him he will go I am sure. We have not treated him well so not surprised in the slightest. I do hope he does well though. At least he hasn't been a complete d*** here; kept his head down and kept working for what it was worth!

I think he would be good at Championship level but I don't mind him leaving really. Anyone who has been part of a side that could win 3 times in 38 games has had a serious trashing mentally. We don't want people who's heads will drop as soon as we go 1-0 down. A fresh start for him back in Spain would be good for all involved. 

**** off then you soft sack of shit.

You have no pace, no strength, no real skill, your passing is mediocre and laboured, you rarely threaten or create, you have no shot power and your weak foot is embarrassing by league 2 standards.

You won't be missed, not by me.

Bit disappointed with this, but if he doesn't want to play for us then I don't want him here. 

Decent player, good potential and hasn't displayed a bad attitude when plenty others have. 

Would be nice if the new management could give him reassurances or whatever, but I won't lose much sleep if he goes.

I think he'd do well in the championship, but he could equally just slot in to a lower La Liga side and while away the time.

I don't get it, I know it's probably just his agent, but for me there's more ambition in saying 'I want to stay and win promotion to the English PL' that saying 'I want to leave now and go and play for nothing in the lower half of the Spanish league'. 

For what it's worth I've always liked him as a player though, but I won't be distraught if he left.

• Like 1

He hasn't done enough to earn another shot in the PL with another team, so I guess he will be heading back to Spain and a lower mid table team there for now. It hasn't worked out for him here, he has not progressed at all in his time here so I would not be gutted to see him leave like some of the other yoounger foreign imports. He may have improved with better players around him, but we have not the time to wait and see if that is the case. If we can get our money back then we should not stand in his way.

I find it funny that these players didn't give a stuff when we are relegated, yet first sign in championship they run tithe hills. If only they ran that fast last season we might not be where we are.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Don't care. We need to give Grealish and Adama(if he stays) a go in the team before Gil.

Can see Adama or his agent being the next to say he doesn't want to play in the Championship.

• Like 1

Â