Carles Gil

bose

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He'll have a bit more time on the ball and will be contending against players with significantly lower footballing IQ, he'll be dangerous at that level. 

He must be bloody good in training games playing against our brain dead lot then. 

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Too good for us.

Players like this need options. 

He's been crap recently, and still been one of our better players.

At first I thought this was serious. But then I read your post on Veretout. Good ones :)

• Like 1

On 2/27/2016 at 01:01, TB said:

I really don't get this thing about the (supposed) importance of the size of the pitch nowadays. AFAIK the pitch size required by the PL has been 105 x 68 m (roughly 114,8 x 74.4 yards) for several years.

According to www.footballguide.com, (and other sources on the 'net does not disagree too much) those three pitches' dimensions are:

Rotherham: 110 x 72 yards.
Brentford: 110 x 73 yards.
Preston: 110 x 77 yards.

Gil might be up to Championship football, or he might not - but I refuse to believe that the difference - 72, 73 or 74.4 yards will squeeze anyone out of a game. And then there's Preston.

(edit: you might be talking about the difference in pitch length - but would 4.8 yards really make that much of a difference?

Yep.

I remember last season people were saying Gabby should play in the Wembley games because we could use his pace on the big Wembley pitch.

I forget the figure, but I think it worked out that Wembley was 2 yards wider than VP on both sides. I don't think it makes much difference at all.

The surfaces will make more of a difference next season than the dimensions of the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know when you go to goals and you see some middle age lads having a kick about, old bruisers just off the building site. Clesrly they are short of numbers, so one of their young sons has been roped into playing. That is Gil. I am embarrassed for him.

OH, and on top of that the kid is shit at football.

an attacking midfielder that doesnt create chances, said before its farcical the hype he got at end of last season. Probably worst playmaker to ever play in Premier League he is that bad

• 2 weeks later...

I have to apologise to Scott Sinclair, Carles Gil is the worst player I have seen play for Villa 

absolute dreadful player and just keeps passing to Chelsea players in midfield

Â