Carles Gil

bose

I liked Gil, the goal against Bournemouth got our hopes up when he signed. He was unlucky with his timing when coming here and although he is no world beater he is a bit better than what he produced here. He should be able to rebuild his career and become a solid mid-table La Liga player.

There's at least 6 players is rather see go before him but won't be a huge loss. Always liked him but if he goes oh well.

That's the scary thing, I don't rate him but there's still half a squad I'd happily see leave before him

• Like 3

Do I hate him? No. Would I rather he stayed and Scott Sinclair **** off? Of course. Do I really care about him leaving? Not massively. 

Any player who was a part of a winning side, what, 10% of occasions he took to the pitch can't be argued as a major loss. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Any player who was a part of a winning side, what, 10% of occasions he took to the pitch can't be argued as a major loss. 

So it wouldn't bother you if they all left? Fair enough, I suppose. I'd prefer to keep one or two.

Just now, BigJim said:

So it wouldn't bother you if they all left? Fair enough, I suppose. I'd prefer to keep one or two.

Well, that's not what I wrote is it?

I said it 'can't be argued as a major loss', not 'they can all leave'. 

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, that's not what I wrote is it?

I said it 'can't be argued as a major loss', not 'they can all leave'. 

Just to be clear, it wouldn't be a big loss whoever left? All the players fit your condition I think.

21 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Just to be clear, it wouldn't be a big loss whoever left? All the players fit your condition I think.

There are some players who I hope don't leave. However, coming off the back of a season where we won 3 of 38 league games, none of the players can be considered essential. That doesn't mean I want a squad turnover of 25 players - I don't even know how you read that in my comment - it just means I won't be bawling over (m)any of them leaving. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

There are some players who I hope don't leave. However, coming off the back of a season where we won 3 of 38 league games, none of the players can be considered essential. That doesn't mean I want a squad turnover of 25 players - I don't even know how you read that in my comment - it just means I won't be bawling over (m)any of them leaving. 

So what you're saying is kill them all with fire? 

¬_¬

Won't be sad to see anyone leave, except maybe grealish as I don't want him to bloom for another scum bag team. Also Ayew was decent.

But I think Gil is one player if in a better villa team with better management could do ok. Maybe that's the same for about 2 or 3 players in our squad.

Bare in mind we could have played Messi in our team last year and he would have looked shite.

We can't replace everyone, although we should try.

Edited by VillanousOne

meh couldnt care less. the massive hype was embarrassing for the worst playmaker ive seen in years and would be useless in Championship. Happy with 2million for him

8 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

His debut,against Liverpool I think and he came on and ran at and beat a few and I thought we had a bargain.

And then it seems someone must have trained that out of him.

He helped tear apart Leicester, then seemed to be one of the fall guys for Tactics Tim after his cock up with the subs.  Did we actually see him and Grealish in the same team after that?

Not good enough for the PL.  Reports suggest he is going on a loan. . Why would we do a loan?  It's not like he can come back next year if we are promoted and contribute to the following season as he's not good enough. 

Sell sell sell and reinvest in someone who does want to be here and contribute to the promotion push. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Utilised correctly, could be a real asset in the midfield who gets a ton of assists. He needs support and protection though.

I agree. He was usually the only creative player on the pitch for us. Therefore all the opposition had to do was close down Gil's space and muscle him off the ball as the rest of our players didn't pose enough creative threat. One other creative player (Grealish vs Leicester) and he found more space and thus became more effective. IMO

Â