Carles Gil

bose

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What a strange post Paul, why would people blame sherwood for that if he isnt our manager?

because he has been blamed for killing Guzan and Gil confidence and making them shit 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because he has been blamed for killing Guzan and Gil confidence and making them shit 

He's been blamed for being a massively shit part of a massively shit season and I think that's fair enough, personally.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's been blamed for being a massively shit part of a massively shit season and I think that's fair enough, personally.

that is fair enough but he has no blame for form of shit like Guzan and Gil like some people suggesting

42 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I guess some people will still be blaming Sherwood if the team struggle next season in the championship. He had 9 games this season. Theres was plenty of time after that to improve but sadly we are worse now than we ever were under him.

Why would they?

He gets blame for this season because he assembled the squad. 

Next season, hopefully, that squad won't be the same.

Do you include in the definition of "assembled" the departures as well as the arrivals? The departures of Benteke, Delph and Cleverley were pretty fundamental factors in the shaping of this season's squad. Are you holding him responsible for those? Also, I seem to recall that the announcement of Sinclair's appointment also seemed to take Sherwood by surprise, so maybe you will be kinder to him at least on that one?
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure we've been through this.

It's as clear as day that he didn't. Hence why he chucked his toys out of the pram. That itself is unforgivable and worthy of blame but tim sherwood DID NOT assemble this squad.

Don't think he'd have said we need a good core of English players if he'd have purchased the likes of

Gana, Veretout, ayew, amavi, traore, llori, Crespo etc

• Like 2

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:
Do you include in the definition of "assembled" the departures as well as the arrivals? The departures of Benteke, Delph and Cleverley were pretty fundamental factors in the shaping of this season's squad. Are you holding him responsible for those? Also, I seem to recall that the announcement of Sinclair's appointment also seemed to take Sherwood by surprise, so maybe you will be kinder to him at least on that one?

I'm holding him responsible (not solely) for spending nearly 60 million pounds assembling the current squad.

No selling those players weren't his fault. Signing sinclair was clearly arranged before he got here.

He still bears a huge amount of responsibility for this squad. That's why he gets blame for where we are.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Gil simply isn't that good.

If you search this thread back we've had comments like he's as good as Mahrez and we could get 10m + if we sold him this season....I've just about stopped laughing.

He's neat and tidy on the ball but he's lightweight, he's not very quick. If he'd played more when Benteke was still here then we might've seen more decent play but really what has he contributed since the Sunderland away game?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If you search this thread back we've had comments like he's as good as Mahrez and we could get 10m + if we sold him this season....I've just about stopped laughing.

He's neat and tidy on the ball but he's lightweight, he's not very quick. If he'd played more when Benteke was still here then we might've seen more decent play but really what has he contributed since the Sunderland away game?

To be honest I just don't think he is a very good football. If you aren't quick or strong you better be a good footballer and he just isn't.

I said it at the time and I still think it...he was Spanish and left footed, people were looking for things that just weren't there.

He has some exiting qualities, but he's just not good enough at the things he's good at to work at the top English football.

He's not effective in this league and I doubt he'll be it in the Championship. Just a bit too slow both on the feet and in mind (not saying he's actually slow in the head) . He's too easily pushed away from the ball and will get clattered in the Championship because they will go for the player rather than look at the ball.

Think he'd be ace in Holland or Belgium thou where he'd get a bit more time on the ball and teammates who'll have better vision and (intelligent) movement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

sure the drama of him staying here instead of the manager last season was also very OTT

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm holding him responsible (not solely)

Right, well your argument is on the crumble - your original assertion was that he gets the blame because he assembled the squad. Now it appears there were others involved.

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Right, well your argument is on the crumble - your original assertion was that he gets the blame because he assembled the squad. Now it appears there were others involved.

Close. But crucially wrong. My original assertion was that he gets blame, i.e. some blame. Not THE blame. Look:

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why would they?

Next season, hopefully, that squad won't be the same.

I have never said Sherwood is solely responsible for this season. Merely that he shoulders some of the blame. I don't absolve him of any responsibility over our summer signings like a lot of people do based one one newspaper report. He was our manager during the worst transfer window in the history of the club, he deserves some blame for that.

This is just yet another case of you taking a post out of context, and a thread off topic, to cause an argument.

Edited by Stevo985

• 1 month later...
Â