Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Scott 'Scourge of Nottingham' Sinclair.

Definitely staking a claim for a place over Gabby.

Staking a claim? I think that's very diplomatic. I really don't see any scenario that puts Gabby in front of either Sinclair or Grealish for a wide birth, or any other position for that matter.

Sounds painful

I could claim a predictive messaging issue but I'd be lying, my spelling is terrible  :P

Slightly tongue in cheek statement but I have noticed Sinclair already has 6 goals in 15 matches for the Villa, whereas for Gabby its 6 in the last 39. I know most of them have been in the cups but still.

Or 4 in 14 for Kozak ;)

I'd never poo poo cup goals myself, it's the only chance we have of actually winning something.

Edit - I know you weren't really doing that.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I don't think we need to be so kind to Gabby, or to worry about the quality of the opposition. Put your hands up if you think Gabby would have scored a hattrick last night. The thought of playing him alongside Grealish, Gil, Adama, Sinclair etc, it's like going into a Mercedes garage and seeing 4 SLK's and a wooden cart. He's looking very 'analogue in a digital age' and I think his time in the first-team is running out. 

Sorry, that was bit OT. More on-topic, Sinclair showed very good predatory instincts yesterday getting into good positions, they might only have been tap-ins but its an important skill. 

I'd play Sinclair as a number 9 with Gil behind him and Traore and Grealish out wide. Sinclair has great movement and is a composed finisher. Ayew, Gabby and Gestede on the bench to offer something different in terms of pure pace and power

He is like many of our strikers ....needs to show some semblance of consistency, but he does seem to be on form.

He has decent feet, he looks sharp and seems to have a bit of goal area nous...deserves a run out.

my only worry playing him No 9......Is the leading of the line.

Edited by TRO

I kind of get the impression with Sinclair that he's the sort of player who runs hot and cold.

The key is knowing when to play him and when to bench him, and imo he is in form and needs to be in the starting 11 tomorrow.

Â