Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert is under contract he had his chance to resign I guess, Lerner will not sack him he will leave that to the New Owners, However that could be some time off atm. He knows we need new players stand by for more crap signings on the cheap.

Infact zog needs to play if we got financial restraints lerner should order him to play hutton zog and bent

How very insightful of you.

Just pointing it out mate lambert should grow up bloody bomb squad. Bent was our saviour dont think hes woth 3m if im honest our record signing made to feel worthless by an inept manager lambert fir me cannot turn it round his style of football is woeful he will still buy youngsters who just wont cut it. Lowton westwood bowery total muck.Lambert should have guzan vlaar okore delph and tekkers in his side. Villa need to get 10 players in he wont be givdn the cash so bargain basement again.

Westwood raised his game last season. Kozak, Bacuna and Albrighton also look like they can cut it. I also like Weimann considering he is still very young.

Guzan

Vlaar

Okore

Delph

Westwood

Albrighton

Weimann

Benteke

Kozak

Ideally we need an addition 2 defenders, 1 midfielder and 1 striker.

If Albrighton can cut it (which I agree) why is his contract not being renewed?

Infact zog needs to play if we got financial restraints lerner should order him to play hutton zog and bent

How very insightful of you.
Just pointing it out mate lambert should grow up bloody bomb squad. Bent was our saviour dont think hes woth 3m if im honest our record signing made to feel worthless by an inept manager lambert fir me cannot turn it round his style of football is woeful he will still buy youngsters who just wont cut it. Lowton westwood bowery total muck.Lambert should have guzan vlaar okore delph and tekkers in his side. Villa need to get 10 players in he wont be givdn the cash so bargain basement again.

Westwood raised his game last season. Kozak, Bacuna and Albrighton also look like they can cut it. I also like Weimann considering he is still very young.

Guzan

Vlaar

Okore

Delph

Westwood

Albrighton

Weimann

Benteke

Kozak

Ideally we need an addition 2 defenders, 1 midfielder and 1 striker.

If Albrighton can cut it (which I agree) why is his contract not being renewed?

Can't afford his wages.

He should have done the decent thing and walked.  It'll serve him right if we get new owners, and they give him the push the week after a host of other management jobs all get filled.

If Lambert is still the manager at the start of the season then I have had it with Villa.

I am not prepared to put myself through another season of boring dross and a relegation fight with second rate players from lower leagues.

• Like 1

On the rare occasion our dear leader has made a comment, all he has done has created anxiety and confusion.  Season tickets will slump unless a takeover occurs this summer. If we still have the dream team of Lambert, Lerner and no money come August I expect sub 30,000 crowds at Villa Park and a very uncertain future.  Then again perhaps this will be the chance Lambert to prove himself. I am basing this on 2 weeks of not watching Villa play and the sunshine.

He should have done the decent thing and walked. It'll serve him right if we get new owners, and they give him the push the week after a host of other management jobs all get filled.

I don't understand your post. If he walks now, he leaves with nothing (or with whatever he can mutually agree with Randy), but if he waits to get sacked by a new owner he is likely to get the remaining value of his contract paid to him. How will that 'serve him right'?

Edited by brommy

On the rare occasion our dear leader has made a comment, all he has done has created anxiety and confusion. Season tickets will slump unless a takeover occurs this summer. If we still have the dream team of Lambert, Lerner and no money come August I expect sub 30,000 crowds at Villa Park and a very uncertain future. Then again perhaps this will be the chance Lambert to prove himself. I am basing this on 2 weeks of not watching Villa play and the sunshine.

In that scenario I am betting on relegation.

On the rare occasion our dear leader has made a comment, all he has done has created anxiety and confusion. Season tickets will slump unless a takeover occurs this summer. If we still have the dream team of Lambert, Lerner and no money come August I expect sub 30,000 crowds at Villa Park and a very uncertain future. Then again perhaps this will be the chance Lambert to prove himself. I am basing this on 2 weeks of not watching Villa play and the sunshine.

In that scenario I am betting on relegation.

Is it too early to start the relegation thread?

• Like 1

I can't blame him for staying, I wouldn't want to miss out on a pay-out either. He also knows that he will never have a job as big or as well-paid as this ever again, so he is probably retaining hope that the new owner/s will stick with him.

• Like 3

I think some of the challenging circumstances also relate to Lambert knowing that some fans want him out but he won't go anywhere until he is pushed.

I wonder if he offered his resignation and tried to still get some compensation, citing impossible working conditions due to Lerner wanting to sell, but was told no chance. Then he met with Lerner and Faulkner to thrash out an agreement of staying on until the new owner comes in and replaces him.

Win Win for Lambert as he gets kudos for sticking by the club at this difficult time and the media will also use the new owner angle as the reason he goes, as opposed to anything that has happened on the pitch for the last 2 years.

Just a theory.

Lerner is probably quite thankful for the job Lambert has done and if he's about to sell to his mate he'd put a word in for him. If I were Lerner and had to give one bit of advice to a buyer it's to make sure you don't appoint a manager that will piss away all your money. I'd still say that Lambert's signings in total would generate a profit if sold and given better financial backing he could develop something much better than he has served up so far. The fans are only interested in results, any ill-feeling towards Lambert would vanish pretty quickly if some decent signings are brought in and we have a half decent start to the season.

• Like 2

I think some of the challenging circumstances also relate to Lambert knowing that some fans want him out but he won't go anywhere until he is pushed.

I wonder if he offered his resignation and tried to still get some compensation, citing impossible working conditions due to Lerner wanting to sell, but was told no chance. Then he met with Lerner and Faulkner to thrash out an agreement of staying on until the new owner comes in and replaces him.

Win Win for Lambert as he gets kudos for sticking by the club at this difficult time and the media will also use the new owner angle as the reason he goes, as opposed to anything that has happened on the pitch for the last 2 years.

Just a theory.

Judging from response on here so far, I'd say it's far from certain he'll get kudos...

Just to pick up on one of your points about Lambert's signings generating a profit shark.

You are probably right on that but no matter what he paid for them he must be judged on the performances of the team. It is just a red herring to focus on anything else when we have stagnated.

Edited by shaggy

Â