Paul Lambert

limpid

Out of our endless list of problems i think Lambert is one of the biggest.

After 2 seasons under him i've seen nothing to make me think he is someone we should continue with, regardless if we get sold or not.

Nothing wrong with that. But would you not be worried if let's say no takeover news happens in 1 month, just rumors circulating like now and then suddenly you get the news that Lambert is sacked and the club is now looking for other options. Who would realistically come then? Takeover can happen at any point, and what would the new owners say? If there even was anyone at that point. I am fine with him going but we need to get a proper plan in place. I really hope we have ambition of making this a top 6 club again but that view looks so clouded now, like it`s not even grounded in reality which is...well devastating. Fair play for Lambert sticking it out here for now but honestly I have no idea what those chickenheads are doing over there. Hoping that Lerner have actually managed to keep this a secret and all will be fine next week but honestly so many things can change or go wrong now it's doing my head in.

Out of our endless list of problems i think Lambert is one of the biggest.

After 2 seasons under him i've seen nothing to make me think he is someone we should continue with, regardless if we get sold or not.

Nothing wrong with that. But would you not be worried if let's say no takeover news happens in 1 month, just rumors circulating like now and then suddenly you get the news that Lambert is sacked and the club is now looking for other options. Who would realistically come then? Takeover can happen at any point, and what would the new owners say? If there even was anyone at that point. I am fine with him going but we need to get a proper plan in place. I really hope we have ambition of making this a top 6 club again but that view looks so clouded now, like it`s not even grounded in reality which is...well devastating. Fair play for Lambert sticking it out here for now but honestly I have no idea what those chickenheads are doing over there. Hoping that Lerner have actually managed to keep this a secret and all will be fine next week but honestly so many things can change or go wrong now it's doing my head in.

Oh i'd be very worried and i am and have been for a few years now.

I really have no idea what's going on with Lerner, but since i always fear the worst from him...

Who knows what this summer will bring, but regardless i feel we have a better chance without Lambert than with him. Even if this means we go into the season with just Cowans and Given

Im begining to have no idea why he has stayed. can't be about money, he is not short and he would walk into another job, Celtic perhaps. Seems to be putting himself through some shit and for what?? Somethings going on, definately.

Im begining to have no idea why he has stayed. can't be about money, he is not short and he would walk into another job, Celtic perhaps. Seems to be putting himself through some shit and for what?? Somethings going on, definately.

I think, despite all the difficulties, that Lambert really appreciates the size and potential of the Villa job. He has always talked the club up, in what it should be looking to achieve, even if the current situation is far from rosy.

• Like 1

Have we forgot lambert has no coaches. Im sure he is not keeping Given and Sid on. An its obvious Karsa or Culverhouse aren't coming back. Interesting this hasn't been discussed or even mentioned in interviews. Another hint he may not be staying and new owners on there way. Or are we just clutching???

Can not understand why we are letting people leave who are in the first team if we can not replace them.

Maybe free up the wages to sign a higher profile player  -Barry, Lescott or Milner (or players of that ilk) who would command higher wages and in this way we can afford them without going in the red perhaps. But then again what the f***k do I know.  :detect:

• Like 1

Paul Lambert is a top bloke and a top manager.  he needs money to spend on decent players.

I saw the stat yesterday which reminded us we spent over 5M on stone and 6M on Balaban ,  over 4M on Curcic when we were supposed to have no money

Yet he has had to make do with spending 1M on Helenius,  2M on bacuna type signings. IN a day when money is far more important in the game than it was back then.  When you have to spend fortunes to even stand still

I thought PL was what we needed but results since December have been appalling.

I find myself unable to have it both ways......one of the strengths in him was, I thought, his ability to get a lot out of a 'young and hungry' squad.  And for eighteen months Ithink he showed this...we had a lot of downs, but always a gradual up.

And that was with these players.

And in amongst some dross we had some terrific results - with the same players.

Then from December onwards we had a lot of, largely, rubbish, and certainly went backwards points per game wise.

With the same players.

So I find it hard to come to any conclusion other than for some reason (the Culverhouse thing, the sale ?) he has lost his way.

In addition he himself now says what I thought he was getting us away from, the need for spending and experience.  A definite change of mantra.

Given all that, how can he reimpose himself and his philosophies on the players, bring about real improvements, and how can he expect the fanbase to be won over ?

Nothing would please me more, but I dont see how he can do it.

• Like 1

This is the most precarious situation this club has been in in my time.

Virtually no owner

suspended coaching staff

losing one of our hungrier/better players today

Our best player out until????

No confidence/ability within the squad

And now a manager with no confidence and talking in riddles. 

The journey ahead is gonna be rocky, but at least it won't be dull (apart from the actual footie).

Thank **** we have a manager who loves the club and put's it first. From what's coming out at the moment he could easily resign and go for constructive dismissal. It's embarrassing the conditions he is being made to work under.

Steady on! None of us know what is happening behind the scenes so all that you have said is sheer guesswork to try and portray a picture that fits in with your idealist views towards the manager. Looking at his track record, you'll see that he'll happily jump ship as soon as it is in his interests to do so.

Paul Lambert is a top bloke and a top manager.

He isn't a 'top manager' until he proves himself to be one. You may like him because he once brushed against your shoulder and you may have faith that somewhere along the line he will be a 'top manager' (or the best Villa have had in 30 years...) but he isn't the things you shout - not yet and not by a long chalk.

If he stays here somehow then I hope as much as you and others will do that he becomes what you think he already is but that's because I want the Villa to do well (with some caveats) and not because I want Lambert to prove me right.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

One of two outcomes I see.

1. We have a new owner all but done but cannot announce it til after the world cup. I.e klinsmann his preferred manager but doesn't want to distract world cup campaign especially if he is American. Paulknoqs this and knows he will get paid out in a few months and is told to play dumb.

2. We have no offers at this stage. Randy wont spend to sack Paul. Wont spend any more money and tells Lambert to bring in the bomb squad to preserve our Premier League status until a buyer is found.

If we replace the coaches.. I would think option 2. No point hiring any more. Get a few freebies.. offload what you can. As Villa fans we will get option 2 and a rough season ahead.

After big gay Al, I think lambert has done well to keep us up - whilst trying to oust, high under performing earners and bring in cheap alternatives. From how it looks. taking on a team as under confident as we were when P.L walked through the door and challenging for anything other than staying in the league was unlikely. If you expected more than that, It's not really his fault. I think re-signing Guzan, bringing in benteke, vlaar, and probably jores, getting the best out of delph are things that give me hope.

Don't get me wrong tho. I don't like 15% possession and told we played well with 1 shot on target.

I'd like to see him backed. Buying a better quality of young hungry footballer. Dortmund style. I believe he would too.

Thank **** we have a manager who loves the club and put's it first. From what's coming out at the moment he could easily resign and go for constructive dismissal. It's embarrassing the conditions he is being made to work under.

Steady on! None of us know what is happening behind the scenes so all that you have said is sheer guesswork to try and portray a picture that fits in with your idealist views towards the manager. Looking at his track record, you'll see that he'll happily jump ship as soon as it is in his interests to do so.

That's kind of true from his track record, on the other hand, he didn't exactly leave his other clubs in poor shape and quit wycombe without another job lined up because he felt he had let them down by not getting them promoted. So he doesn't really screw clubs over. Except maybe colchester, but I think few would've turned down Norwich in that situation.

Â