Paul Lambert

limpid

1. Club in limbo after sale statement.

2. Lambert flies to New York to treat with Lerner and secure his future.

3. Walder Frey is first article on OS today

Lambert has been killed and his body will be paraded around Villa Park today with Hercules the lion's head sewn atop it.  :excl:

Ah but will Paul Faulkner's carcass be dredged from Gas Street Basin only to be resurrected, leaving a undead milk mottled husk consumed with the desire for vengeance of the betrayal and murder

I love the way the man in the white suit gave the big fanfare about Lambert being gone and Trent replied with a succinct 'no'.

Anyway, it makes perfect sense for Lambert to remain whilst Randy is here. The question remains how much longer will Randy hold the keys to Villa Park, not what happens whilst he's still here.

Whether there's money to spend in the interim or not, would an agent recommend any players join a club mid-takeover? I'm not sure they would. Logic would say that Randy (and his advisers) must have known that putting out a statement would affect the day-to-day running of the club, so I would guess that the handover is in the offing. Weeks, not months IMO. 

I love the way the man in the white suit gave the big fanfare about Lambert being gone and Trent replied with a succinct 'no'.

Anyway, it makes perfect sense for Lambert to remain whilst Randy is here. The question remains how much longer will Randy hold the keys to Villa Park, not what happens whilst he's still here.

Whether there's money to spend in the interim or not, would an agent recommend any players join a club mid-takeover? I'm not sure they would. Logic would say that Randy (and his advisers) must have known that putting out a statement would affect the day-to-day running of the club, so I would guess that the handover is in the offing. Weeks, not months IMO. 

Yeah, this is my take on it too. People jumps into conclusions way too easily, especially if it comes from the press, who are as reliable as self-proclaimed ITK Gods. Does anyone really expect the club and Lambert to say that there's takeover in the works before they're ready to announce it, and say really anything else than "We're planning on upcoming season normally" not to give away anything?

I don't think the club being up for sale would affect transfers. All the agent would care about would be the fee, wages and his/her 'cut'. I don't think players/agents would be that bothered about who owns the club - not as a primary concern anyway.

Plus, with the bargain basement shopping we do, I think we could attract players with no owner or manager, it would still be a step up from league one or the french/danish/dutch/etc second division!

Attracting a manager under the same circumstance would be far more difficult though

I don't think the club being up for sale would affect transfers. All the agent would care about would be the fee, wages and his/her 'cut'. I don't think players/agents would be that bothered about who owns the club - not as a primary concern anyway.

Plus, with the bargain basement shopping we do, I think we could attract players with no owner or manager, it would still be a step up from league one or the french/danish/dutch/etc second division!

Attracting a manager under the same circumstance would be far more difficult though

As a player, I would worry if the inevitable new manager would want me. I would not put Villa at the top of my list if I were offered a move.

I would also assume that if we have a similar budget, it would only need be spent on two or three players this time around. This would be far from bargain basement shopping. With that in mind, one could assume that the takeover will happen (if it goes to plan) with a chunk of preseason remaining. 

It seems the entire Paul Lambert sacked (Admin confirms) has been removed over at TBAR.

:D  :ph34r:

They've not removed the Paul Lambert thread or the Takeover thread, just moved them to a different part of the site.

Still likely to be 99.9% made up though.

Is Lambert staying just paper talk as I don't see anything on the OS.

The OS are not in the habit of putting out updates saying 'the manager is still here' each day though so I wouldn't hold your breath for one of those.

• Like 1

Paper

Started by Nursey wasn't it? That's the same man who said we weren't for sale hours before we were put up for sale?

No one know's what's going on!

Paper

Started by Nursey wasn't it? That's the same man who said we weren't for sale hours before we were put up for sale?

No one know's what's going on!

Ok, that's what I thought.

The OS are not in the habit of putting out updates saying 'the manager is still here' each day though so I wouldn't hold your breath for one of those.

I understand that but looking it at forum people seem to believe that it's true. Just woke up here in Texas so skipped to last page. :)

Aston Villa FC @AVFCOfficial  ·  1m
Paul Lambert: “I’m determined to get on with the job.” Read the full story here: http://bit.ly/1jvaYJS  #AVFC

Paul Lambert has vowed to "get on with the job [and] do our best by the Club" after returning with Chief Executive Paul Faulkner from a meeting in New York with Chairman Randy Lerner.

The Villa manager is preparing for the 2014-15 campaign following discussions which focussed on the short to medium term in light of the Chairman's announcement last week that Bank of America Merrill Lynch have been engaged to advise on the sale of the Club.

Lambert said: "As everybody is aware, I met with the Chairman along with Paul and I'm determined to get on with the job of managing Aston Villa.

"These circumstances are extremely challenging as the Club is for sale and as far as I know there is nothing imminent in terms of new ownership, but we're going to roll up our sleeves, prepare for the battle ahead and do our best by the Club.

"The squad requires strengthening, that's self-evident, and it won't be easy within the current circumstances. But we'll look to identify players of proven quality to bring in and get ready for the start of the new season.

"To the fans, my message is simple - this is your club and it's a fantastic club. Your support has made it into this.

"The past two seasons have been tough and expectations, rightly, are high. But success is always built on everybody working together and the circumstances now require us all to pull together and stick together and try to galvanise ourselves for this challenge we face.

"I'm determined to give it everything I have, the players will do the same and it is our collective strength as a club which, ultimately, will see us through."
Edited by packoman

Â