Paul Lambert

limpid

"Club is for sale and as far as I know there is nothing imminent in terms of new ownership"

"The squad requires strengthening, that's self-evident, and it won't be easy within the current circumstances."

Balls. No owner lined up, and no major investment.

Balls.

It's possible that, should a deal be close to fruition, it's been agreed that Lambert will stay on with the new owner (like Hughes at City), thus allowing the club to forward plan a little better.

"Club is for sale and as far as I know there is nothing imminent in terms of new ownership"

"The squad requires strengthening, that's self-evident, and it won't be easy within the current circumstances."

Balls.

It's possible that, should a deal be close to fruition, it's been agreed that Lambert will stay on with the new owner (like Hughes at City), thus allowing the club to forward plan a little better.

Plan for what relegation?

FFS we are owned by the Venkys, Yeung, Tan and Ridsdale rolled into one! Not only do we have an owner who obviously hates owning us but we are lumbered with the worst manager for 20 years.

... Wow.

SjcSvOt.jpg

;)

• Like 2

so opening gambits of business as usual under Lerner and Lambert.

send Helenius and Nzogbia packing (or add them to the bomb squad with the likes of Bent, Hutton and Given as players been paid high wages but not being played, training with the kids)

Don't renew Albrighton's contract, the one player who actually finished this season with some kind of form and ability.

Yawn

Have to persist with him till christmas then that's if he's not sacked before

In before Hoolahan and Holt in as our summer signings

Edited by AshVilla

Aston Villa FC @AVFCOfficial  ·  1m
Paul Lambert: “I’m determined to get on with the job.” Read the full story here: http://bit.ly/1jvaYJS  #AVFC

Good god, is that the big announcement? *insert anticlimax gif here*

It's OK, he's apparently going to roll up his sleeves and prepare for the battle ahead.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Finally got round to trimming his forearm hairs has he?

Yawn

Have to persist with him till christmas then that's if he's not sacked before

In before Hoolahan and Holt in as our summer signings

Willing to bet that they won't be.

Balls.

Yeh, well that went well with Hughes and City, didn't it?

Balls.

Yeh, well that went well with Hughes and City, didn't it?

Haha, I'm not saying it's a fantastic option, but more to highlight that Lambert staying may have no bearing on how long the takeover could take.

Just a theory.

Under the circumstances Lambert staying is for the best.

I worry a little what happens if we start the season poorly.

After last season Lambert has no room for error.

How long until fans really turn against Lambert? Three games? How do players react then?

Could be very ugly. It's very important we start off wellish.

Under the circumstances Lambert staying is for the best.

I worry a little what happens if we start the season poorly.

After last season Lambert has no room for error.

How long until fans really turn against Lambert? Three games? How do players react then?

Could be very ugly. It's very important we start off wellish.

Your questions show why Lambert staying isn't the best option.

Our second half of the season form was abysmal. The fans will have no patience with him and I think it's got the potential of going very wrong.

Infact zog needs to play if we got financial restraints lerner should order him to play hutton zog and bent

How very insightful of you.

Just pointing it out mate lambert should grow up bloody bomb squad. Bent was our saviour dont think hes woth 3m if im honest our record signing made to feel worthless by an inept manager lambert fir me cannot turn it round his style of football is woeful he will still buy youngsters who just wont cut it. Lowton westwood bowery total muck.Lambert should have guzan vlaar okore delph and tekkers in his side. Villa need to get 10 players in he wont be givdn the cash so bargain basement again.

Infact zog needs to play if we got financial restraints lerner should order him to play hutton zog and bent

Just pointing it out mate lambert should grow up bloody bomb squad. Bent was our saviour dont think hes woth 3m if im honest our record signing made to feel worthless by an inept manager lambert fir me cannot turn it round his style of football is woeful he will still buy youngsters who just wont cut it. Lowton westwood bowery total muck.Lambert should have guzan vlaar okore delph and tekkers in his side. Villa need to get 10 players in he wont be givdn the cash so bargain basement again.

Darren sodding Bent has just been relegated with Fulham.

• Like 1

Westwood raised his game last season. Kozak, Bacuna and Albrighton also look like they can cut it. I also like Weimann considering he is still very young.

Guzan

Vlaar

Okore

Delph

Westwood

Albrighton

Weimann

Benteke

Kozak

Ideally we need an addition 2 defenders, 1 midfielder and 1 striker.

Edited by Con

Â