Paul Lambert

limpid

"Club is for sale and as far as I know there is nothing imminent in terms of new ownership"

"The squad requires strengthening, that's self-evident, and it won't be easy within the current circumstances."

Balls. No owner lined up, and no major investment.

Balls.

Aston Villa FC @AVFCOfficial  ·  1m
Paul Lambert: “I’m determined to get on with the job.” Read the full story here: http://bit.ly/1jvaYJS  #AVFC

Good god, is that the big announcement? *insert anticlimax gif here*

It's OK, he's apparently going to roll up his sleeves and prepare for the battle ahead.

Zzzzzzzzzz

OMG, Lambert has reverted to making Churchillian speeches now. We are truly stuffed!

He promised sweat. The players sweat.

He promised tears. The fans shed tears.

The only thing that's left is blood. Maybe he's been reading that thread about offering Darren Bent as a sacrificial lamb?

• Like 1

FFS we are owned by the Venkys, Yeung, Tan and Ridsdale rolled into one! Not only do we have an owner who obviously hates owning us but we are lumbered with the worst manager for 20 years.

... Wow.

Edited by adw95

FFS we are owned by the Venkys, Yeung, Tan and Ridsdale rolled into one! Not only do we have an owner who obviously hates owning us but we are lumbered with the worst manager for 20 years.

1126.gif

• Like 1

Don't be a plonker Rodders....

So he stays. For now.

Good.

little bit of wheeling and dealing in the market and some positive new from the treatment room and we will be fine

Onwards and upwards

Nothing's changed from before. It's not like he was ever going to say - Randy's told me the takeover will be complete by the end of the week...... Has no bearing on whether the takeover is happening now, next week, or next year. 

Â