Paul Lambert

limpid

If there is no takeover i would rather we have Lambert in charge than start the season with no manager.. He has at least shown he can keep that so call premier league squad in this league.

He should have done the decent thing and walked.  It'll serve him right if we get new owners, and they give him the push the week after a host of other management jobs all get filled.

totally disagree. The decent thing is to stay. Walking out on a club when it needs as much steadiness as possible would be the cowards way out. Whatever people Think of his performance, staying is an honourable course of action.

Totally disagree.  He's proved over two years that he's monumentally out of his depth,  His staying will only make things worse.

• Like 3

Seriously worried if we go into the season with Lambert as manager. That will most likely mean no new owner and no funds. A recipe for disaster.

There will be funds but it will just be to try and keep us in the league. Can't see good players jumping at the chance to sign for a manager who might not be there long and a club that will have new owners soon.

Under the circumstances Lambert staying is for the best.

I worry a little what happens if we start the season poorly.

After last season Lambert has no room for error.

How long until fans really turn against Lambert? Three games? How do players react then?

Could be very ugly. It's very important we start off wellish.

Your questions show why Lambert staying isn't the best option.

Our second half of the season form was abysmal. The fans will have no patience with him and I think it's got the potential of going very wrong.

They are worrying things, I agree. Just have to hope things don't go that way.

I don't believe Randy has much choice right now. No one with ability and half a brain would come here now. Unless it's for a big guaranteed contract, which Randy won't eat now.

Just to pick up on one of your points about Lambert's signings generating a profit shark.

You are probably right on that but no matter what he paid for them he must be judged on the performances of the team. It is just a red herring to focus on anything else when we have stagnated.

Is that the same as jumping the shark? Like when Mcleish played Heskey in midfield?

I think it relies heavily on what are the ambitions of our eventual buyers if they keep Lambert:

-Top ten with somewhat larger investment than last two seasons, I can see them keeping Lambert.

-Top six with considerably larger investment, he probably has 50/50 chance keeping his job.

-Top four with a lot of money invested, then I can see them getting rid of Lambert and hiring A.Name manager who can pull players by his reputation.

Even if he has £15m to spend, if that is spent on two relatively good players rather than having to buy half a squad, it should improve us. That said, I think we need at least 4 quality players added to the squad overall.

Think we'll start the season with Kozak and Okore both back, which should automatically be an improvement on the team we had during our Benteke-less second half of the season. Suppose things could also depend on if anybody is sold.

Even if he has £15m to spend, if that is spent on two relatively good players rather than having to buy half a squad, it should improve us. That said, I think we need at least 4 quality players added to the squad overall.

Think we'll start the season with Kozak and Okore both back, which should automatically be an improvement on the team we had during our Benteke-less second half of the season. Suppose things could also depend on if anybody is sold.

Problem is who would want to join us? Usually a player moves for

Money - we have none and I doubt Lerner will increase the wage bill just before he leaves

Manager - not sure if ours will still be there in a few weeks

Trophies - .......

Really concerned now, our only hope would be new owners in the next 4-5 weeks..... Until then, I can't see us signing anyone that will improve this squad.

Could it be in a few years time that we are thanking our lucky stars that Lambert didn't quit after he guides us to a top 6 finish under the stewardship of a new owner?

Could it be that we would already be established in the top-half by now had we stuck with McLeish?

See, we can all do that one.

Could it be in a few years time that we are thanking our lucky stars that Lambert didn't quit after he guides us to a top 6 finish under the stewardship of a new owner?

with just a small investment we could finish 9th/10th, they're much of a muchness from there down.
  • Like 1

Could it be that we would already be established in the top-half by now had we stuck with McLeish?

We can all do what one? Ask a question?

Make hypotheticals about what might happen in the future, even if they are extremely unlikely based on what we know.

Make hypotheticals about what might happen in the future, even if they are extremely unlikely based on what we know.

I don't think it is extremely unlikely which is why I asked the question.

I never thought Lambert would be sacked. I mean if there is a buyer or even if Villa is still looking, its not really a good idea for Randy to sack him, as the new owner is not going to want to come into a club with no manager either way and randy is not going to want to shell out the compensation anyway, why should he, when he can leave it to the new owners.

Lambert has not been given all the details I expect, but has basically been told to carry on and do his job what he is paid for and as people are saying he might not be happy but does not want to sacrifice a million pound pay off....... 

Interesting interview on SSN, he will gain a few fans with what he has said. I think im turning, maybe it would be good idea to give him a chance with the new owners and a 40 million transfer pot.

Note: he is being interviewed later on WM!

Edited by foreveryoung

He should have done the decent thing and walked.  It'll serve him right if we get new owners, and they give him the push the week after a host of other management jobs all get filled.

totally disagree. The decent thing is to stay. Walking out on a club when it needs as much steadiness as possible would be the cowards way out. Whatever people Think of his performance, staying is an honourable course of action.

Totally disagree.  He's proved over two years that he's monumentally out of his depth,  His staying will only make things worse.

Oh okay, let's put cowans and given in charge then, with all their managerial excellence

I never thought Lambert would be sacked. I mean if there is a buyer or even if Villa is still looking, its not really a good idea for Randy to sack him, as the new owner is not going to want to come into a club with no manager either way and randy is not going to want to shell out the compensation anyway, why should he, when he can leave it to the new owners.

Lambert has not been given all the details I expect, but has basically been told to carry on and do his job what he is paid for and as people are saying he might not be happy but does not want to sacrifice a million pound pay off....... 

Interesting interview on SSN, he will gain a few fans with what he has said. I think im turning, maybe it would be good idea to give him a chance with the new owners and a 40 million transfer pot.

Note: he is being interviewed later on WM!

Was it the short interview thats online?

Â