Paul Lambert

limpid

Surey, Lambert will be a lame duck this summer and the club will not be able to attract any decent players because of the uncertainty over the sale?

:(

I just don't see Lerner sacking him for two reasons:

a. I think he likes PL

b. why would he foot a compensation bill before selling

Either Lambert quits or he's inherited by the new owners. This story has changed nothing really. Employed man is still employed.

Depends what you mean by decent.

Probably enough for 1-2 loans and probably one or two signing.

Will be surprised if Lerner gave anything "game changing" towards him in terms of wages and transfer budget as he is after all trying to sell the club.

We should stay up if after the summer we aren't sold and both are still here.

It's not what people want to hear sure but this is where we are at seemingly.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

This is at least preferable to Lambert resigning as that would most likely mean that there would be no investment and no new owners in the pipeline.

It still doesn't mean investment. Lambert won't give up a pay out.

This is at least preferable to Lambert resigning as that would most likely mean that there would be no investment and no new owners in the pipeline.

ITK?

Not saying it'll be significant investment but IMO the fact that the talks were supposedly "productive" probably means that Lambert will at least have a bit to spend.

Not saying it'll be significant investment but IMO the fact that the talks were supposedly "productive" probably means that Lambert will at least have a bit to spend.

Lerner will spend the minimum he thinks will keep his investment in the league. Another relegation worried year if Lambert and Lerner stay.

Lerner will spend the minimum he thinks will keep his investment in the league. Another relegation worried year if Lambert and Lerner stay.

And I'm saying that I'd rather that happen than Lerner saying he won't be spending anything and Lambert resigning as a result.

Of course he will, but being as he has publicly announced that the club is up for sale, we can't really expect him to go splashing the cash can we?

In which case, we can't really expect him to be paying off yet another manager, can we?

Or putting up the cash for a new contract, for a new manager, can we?

He did what the majority of us wanted him to do, to put the club up for sale. Whether or not there is a buyer in the pipeline, none of us know for sure, but he did what the fans wanted and now it seems that even that is not good enough.

That would never happen though. Lerner's not going to admit he wants out and then pretty much guarantee relegation by not spending a penny.

All I'm saying is that I think it could've been worse. The fact that Lambert appears to be staying is a positive with regards to Lerner IMO.

• Like 3

That would never happen though. Lerner's not going to admit he wants out and then pretty much guarantee relegation by not spending a penny.

All I'm saying is that I think it could've been worse. The fact that Lambert appears to be staying is a positive with regards to Lerner IMO.

A general positive for the club IMO. I've said it myself, after this season I believe he isn't the right man to lead the club forward. However, it could and would look to be a lot worse if Lambert resigned.

Â