Paul Lambert

limpid

I think he is a stopgap for the moment and he would have looked terrible on himself if he walked. I expect any new owners to remove him straight away if we are struggling when they take over

If we are going into the next season without a new owner I think I would prefer us to keep Lambert on as he knows the players more than anyone now. OK, he knew them last season and we had another scrape at the bottom of the league, however, this will be a third season and surely they can only improve? I would just rather we carried on with someone who knows them an d their abilities, or lack of, than try a new manager and give him the same old tools.

Also, in addition to the above, there should be no reason why Lerner couldn't fund some transfer activity. We are guaranteed some financial return at the end of the season, purely for our finishing place. Then, there has to be some sort of profit made that could go towards transfers. And, I am sure Lerner would not want Villa going down because that would wipe millions off the value of the club and he would then risk being lumbered with us or making an even bigger loss on his investment. I would imagine that around £20m could be found for transfers and, if spent wisely, lambert could get 4 or 5 half decent players in for that. Maybe a new CB, LB, DM, AM and a wide player?

• Like 1

Personally i think Lambert reckons he get get us going again with the current squad and a few clever buys.

Start the season well, get the points on the board, fans will quickly forget and perhaps get the new owner on side.

I hope that is what he is thinking as at least we’ll have someone giving it ago during the mess.

Lambert was at fault for a lot of shite last season, but with Vlaar for a full season, Okore, Kozák and Benteke back its not all as bad as fans seem to think.

Paul Lambert is a top bloke and a top manager.  he needs money to spend on decent players.

I saw the stat yesterday which reminded us we spent over 5M on stone and 6M on Balaban ,  over 4M on Curcic when we were supposed to have no money

Yet he has had to make do with spending 1M on Helenius,  2M on bacuna type signings. IN a day when money is far more important in the game than it was back then.  When you have to spend fortunes to even stand still

Look Richard when you make outlandish statements such as above what are they based on? Promotions from lower leagues and mid table with Norwich while then nearly relegating us twice.

There is no other evidence to substantiate your claims while there is plenty to rebuff such remarks. Its not that I or anyone else wish to change your mind but previous remarks concerning Lambert and now this will only leave you open to more ridicule.

There has been absolutely nothing to suggest while Lambert has been with us he is what you keep saying he is, a top manager. 

Does anyone think if new owners arrive late in the summer it will be for the best to keep Lambert?

He knows the club needs improvement and know the players we need (Holtby,Lescott etc). A new manager may want to assess the squad first before making improvements

Does anyone think if new owners arrive late in the summer it will be for the best to keep Lambert?

He knows the club needs improvement and know the players we need (Holtby,Lescott etc). A new manager may want to assess the squad first before making improvements

We didn't keep DOL when a takeover happened late and I'd hope new owners would do a similar thing.

I think keeping Lambert for now is the best thing as there is so much uncertainty in our club. If a new owner comes at the end of the window then we might as well keep Lambert because I would be worried if they sacked him in the start of the season. Would really be damaging considering how we have done lately. It would also raise questions what their motive is and what there thought are considering they would sack a manager in the beginning of the season, a club that right now has been down there with the worst of them in the league for some time now. The faster a new owner gets here, the better. They make that call. I just want some proper players now, not the bargain bin stuff as other teams around us keep picking up better players.

Personally i think Lambert reckons he get get us going again with the current squad and a few clever buys.

Start the season well, get the points on the board, fans will quickly forget and perhaps get the new owner on side.

I hope that is what he is thinking as at least we’ll have someone giving it ago during the mess.

Lambert was at fault for a lot of shite last season, but with Vlaar for a full season, Okore, Kozák and Benteke back its not all as bad as fans seem to think.

I don't think Lambert thinks he can do this anymore. At least he has been honest with us in the past few weeks, admitting the squad is not good enough and we need money to spend in the summer. The denial is over, we are shit and Lerner or not, this club needs at least 2 large transfer windows to make this team even a mid table side.Tick-tock.

With full health and our best 11 on the pitch, I'd say we're a pretty good midtable side actually. When that isn't the case, however, we've been pretty badly exposed at times this season.

I'm not sure Lambert should stay on, but if he does I'm 100% behind him.

• Like 4

Out of our endless list of problems i think Lambert is one of the biggest.

After 2 seasons under him i've seen nothing to make me think he is someone we should continue with, regardless if we get sold or not.

• Like 1

With full health and our best 11 on the pitch, I'd say we're a pretty good midtable side actually. When that isn't the case, however, we've been pretty badly exposed at times this season.

Common Sense? I think you came to the wrong thread mate...

• Like 2

Personally i think Lambert reckons he get get us going again with the current squad and a few clever buys.Start the season well, get the points on the board, fans will quickly forget and perhaps get the new owner on side.I hope that is what he is thinking as at least we’ll have someone giving it ago during the mess.Lambert was at fault for a lot of shite last season, but with Vlaar for a full season, Okore, Kozák and Benteke back its not all as bad as fans seem to think.

True, but they could all get injured again next season and we would be in the same position

Paul Lambert is a top bloke and a top manager.  he needs money to spend on decent players.

I saw the stat yesterday which reminded us we spent over 5M on stone and 6M on Balaban ,  over 4M on Curcic when we were supposed to have no money

Yet he has had to make do with spending 1M on Helenius,  2M on bacuna type signings. IN a day when money is far more important in the game than it was back then.  When you have to spend fortunes to even stand still

Bacuna was £800k! 

I agree with this.

I don't think he's done a good job, but he hasn't done an awful one either. IF the takeover happens and he is replaced with someone better then great, but until then he has my full support.

He deserves the sack based on results, but results don't tell the full story and I still think he can do a good job for us if given a bit more time and some decent resources.

Â