Paul Lambert

limpid

He thinks we dominated the game...

684642.gif

Stretching it a bit, but not by too much. We did have fifteen attempts at goal.

But didn't Liverpool have 14 attempts, score twice and have 52% possession?

It looked like less than 52% to me, but there is some truth in what you say :)

I would prefer a new manager but it's not going to happen in the near future. All I want is for us to have a go like we did for those 20 min when we brought Gill on. Lambert can't persist playing negatively from the start. He has to choose between Westwood and Sanchez as they do the same job. For me it's Sanchez every time. Why he has to wedge Cleverley into the team is beyond me. Does he have a clause that he has to start every game? Gabby shouldn't be in the team let alone Captain. I would make Okore Captain even though he hasn't been here long he is the future. If Delph was to sign a new contract he'd be my 1st choice but don't see that happening. Lambert has to start picking attacking teams we have a solid enough back 4 and with Sanchez in front Thats a good defensive base. The rest of the team should be picked to get goals. We play Bournemouth next week he should pick his strongest side and go for it. An FA CUP run could be his saviour!! So for me our strongest team wouldn't include Cleverley Westwood or Gabby I'd rather have Gill Weimann and Grealish/Bacuna depending on system. If we had a go like we did for those 20 min for 90 and still lost I wouldn't be happy but I'd be a lot less pissed off!'

• Like 4

Sherwood. Holy fuckballs

Please stay forever Paul

Sherwood really would be a car crash.

Everyone says this, but I'm not so sure. Yes he's cockney, a bit of an 'Arry and was loved by the Spurs media circus, but I don't think he's THAT bad a manager. He seems like a guy that can motivate his players, he's positive and he didn't do too badly with Spurs.

He's nowhere near my first choice, but I can think of many managers that would be worse.

• Like 1

Sherwood. Holy fuckballs

Please stay forever Paul

Sherwood really would be a car crash.

Everyone says this, but I'm not so sure. Yes he's cockney, a bit of an 'Arry and was loved by the Spurs media circus, but I don't think he's THAT bad a manager. He seems like a guy that can motivate his players, he's positive and he didn't do too badly with Spurs.

He's nowhere near my first choice, but I can think of many managers that would be worse.

Difficult to tell. I just can't imagine him being anywhere near diplomatic enough to work under Lerner. It would be great for me to hear someone giving Lerner a boot up the arse in the media but i'd imagine Randy is acutely aware of the potential of that happening.

beeb link

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert:

"The second half I thought we were excellent. I didn't think there was too much in it in the first half.

"We lost a poor goal but the second half was relentless pressure from us and their goalkeeper has probably kept them in it with the save from Christian Benteke.

"I don't think anyone could fault us for the way we played in the second half.

"We just have to keep doing what we did today, keep getting the chances and they will go in."

He didn't think there was too much in it in the first half? :o

"... keep getting the chances and they will go in." It's painful to hear. It's the same kind of stuff that he said a month or two ago. Keep doing the same stuff and eventually it will work.

As per my previous post, it may do but to have that as your plan - that you just keep on doing the same stuff over and over again? Jeez.

As one of Lambert's last supporters, I hereby issue notice that I will be demanding huge respect if he ever turns things around.

Of course it's possible that he won't and that I'm just a bloody fool.

How long do we have to wait then........

beeb link

"The second half I thought we were excellent. I didn't think there was too much in it in the first half.

"We lost a poor goal but the second half was relentless pressure from us and their goalkeeper has probably kept them in it with the save from Christian Benteke.

"We just have to keep doing what we did today, keep getting the chances and they will go in."

"... keep getting the chances and they will go in." It's painful to hear. It's the same kind of stuff that he said a month or two ago. Keep doing the same stuff and eventually it will work.

As per my previous post, it may do but to have that as your plan - that you just keep on doing the same stuff over and over again? Jeez.

I would say he is trolling if it wasnt the manager talking

As one of Lambert's last supporters, I hereby issue notice that I will be demanding huge respect if he ever turns things around.

How long do we have to wait then........

If you're in a hurry for me to declare myself foolish, gimme four more weeks. I think things will improve. Minimum four points from the three league games and stay in the cup.

• Like 3

You definitely can have that respect if he does and I really hope that he does as I don't see Lerner pulling the trigger this season. The trouble is I just can't see it happening with him as manager.

Edited by Harry

beeb link

I would say he is trolling if it wasnt the manager talking

first half stats

B7kCFuiIEAAvctE.jpg

• Like 1

Whats worrying me, these bad runs of form under lambert are nothing new, but every bad run is worse than the one before, and whilst he would get us a shock result to get us out if the bad run, right now we look like we wont score a goal, let alone pick up a win.

That midfield selection today was so depressing, I suspect the intention was to keep it at 0-0 & then bring on Gil, changes should have been made at half time but no, lets stick with the same shite and hope benteke scores a screamer.

Beyond fed up now.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

Â