Paul Lambert

limpid

I think we'll be in the relagation zone come march if he remains in charge..some tough games in march which i cant see us winning any

We could very well be in it after the Chelsea game. If you score goals you at least have a chance of getting out of it. I fear if we do go into it we just simply cannot score enough goals to pull out of it for the remainder of the season. It's pretty serious right now, i'd say.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Hull, Stoke and Newcastle all in Feb.

Some tough tough games with only a 3 point buffer between us and the relagation zone

When i seen the recent fans poll before the Liverpool game when it was 67% i thought that was low then i realised the majority of the 33% were probably blues of baggies fans who were delighted with the job he was doing

Or they might have voted Yes, wanting to have a laugh at who we bring in next.

Ah the no manager can do any better excuse!

I suppose Crystal Palace and West Brom are doing worse with their new manager eh?

• Like 2

Scary times to be a Villa fan really. A manager who isn't getting the best out of his players supported by an owner who will keep him in place because he has no interest in finding a replacement. Lerner does not make Villa an attractive proposition for any new managers to come in because of his poor financial backing and the uncertainty of future employment that is synonymous with a club being up for sale.

• Like 2

Sacking the manager wont help, if the players continue to missing easy chances. As I said before I have no faith in the club hiring the right manager, last 3 managers showed that

We need confidence and Lambert isn't giving the players any. Crystal Palace and SHA have showed you can turn a shit team into winners with a manager that knows what he's doing. SHA looked like relegation candidates and had lost 8-0 at home. Now they're winning games regularly, showing fight in games and coming from behind to win.

• Like 1

Sacking the manager wont help, if the players continue to missing easy chances. As I said before I have no faith in the club hiring the right manager, last 3 managers showed that

Its got to be worth trying than just continue to score no goals and pick up a poor amount of points.

Its got to be worth trying than just continue to score no goals and pick up a poor amount of points.

The key to avfc future lies in a man that hired Houllier, McLiesh and Lambert that worries me alot, A man who has shown he don't care about the club. I don't think Lerner minds where we end up, He will sell it eventually

We need confidence and Lambert isn't giving the players any. Crystal Palace and SHA have showed you can turn a shit team into winners with a manager that knows what he's doing. SHA looked like relegation candidates and had lost 8-0 at home. Now they're winning games regularly, showing fight in games and coming from behind to win.

it can go the other way ask Fulham and Cardif fans

• Like 1

I just don't think Lerner will sack him during the season, even if we are in serious danger of going down. I just can't see it.

It's time for him to go no doubt, mainly because I just don't think he is capable of redeeming himself in the long term, but I refuse to outright slate the man because I think he's doing the best he can and he isn't being backed adequately by his boss.

It can but they were poor teams full of poor players. We are playing so much worse than potentially we could.

When i seen the recent fans poll before the Liverpool game when it was 67% i thought that was low then i realised the majority of the 33% were probably blues of baggies fans who were delighted with the job he was doing

Or they might have voted Yes, wanting to have a laugh at who we bring in next.

Ah the no manager can do any better excuse!

I suppose Crystal Palace and West Brom are doing worse with their new manager eh?

Was Lambert managing them before?

• Like 1

I actually think this is going to be our year to drop. And you know what, we deserve it with the way the club has been managed the past 4 years. Lambert has built a good squad in fairness to him considering his budget restrictions. However, I think his failings as a football manager will see us go down. What manager completely changes a whole philosophy of how his team plays mid season? It's ridiculous, seems like a man who doesn't know what he's doing.

• Like 3

Can it get worse than this? I mean right now, is there a manager alive who could get them playing any worse?

I'm not suggesting we go out and hire a bad manager on purpose, before anyone starts up with it! Just saying. Surely it's worth a punt at this stage. 

• Like 2

The key to avfc future lies in a man that hired Houllier, McLiesh and Lambert that worries me alot, A man who has shown he don't care about the club. I don't think Lerner minds where we end up, He will sell it eventually

So in your opinion Lambert shouldn't be sacked, no matter how bad he's done or will (possibly) continue to do? I think honestly the only dreadful appointment Lerner has made is McLeish. Houllier, for me and many others at least, had some positives but his tenure was cut short.

Lambert was a very good appointment on paper and I think most Villa fans will agree on that. Sadly it hasn't worked out. I don't think Lerner has done that badly in hiring managers, it's more the fact that he gives them very little to work with. We've got a good squad of players now but we need some else to manage them.

I can only see Lerner sacking Lambert if we drop into the relegation zone and more than a win away from escaping it, hopefully we never find ourselves in that position. Even if the club wanted to sack Lambert now I don't think they would, I think they'd get the Arsenal and Chelsea games out the way first, to give the new guy an easier start.

Edited by useless

Can it get worse than this? I mean right now, is there a manager alive who could get them playing any worse?

I'm not suggesting we go out and hire a bad manager on purpose, before anyone starts up with it! Just saying. Surely it's worth a punt at this stage.

It really can't. There is no way a new manager gets less points and less goals than we've got the last 18 games.

• Like 2

For a team that has struggled to score goals you would think emphasis would be put on set pieces. A few good opportunities in the first half to really test Liverpool but yet again nothing doing (either hit the first man or straight to Mignolet) I think another manager would come in and immediately identify this at the very minimum.

• Like 1

I feel like our team is much better than theirs. I think we need the right tactics and we'd at the very least score some goals.

Things will improve.

That's nowt more than blind faith.

Things may improve and I doubt there's a single one of us who doesn't hope that they damn well do but to assert that they will and to get exasperated with people (the 'FFS') who don't share your faith is a little poor.

• Like 1

Â